Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Receive Incoming Call

Unhappy Can't Receive Incoming Call

Hi,

I feel a bit silly asking this one, but I am pretty sure I have checked the basics and can not resolve this one.

I have registered a VOIP number which shows in the SIP registration as successful and UDP ports 5060 and 6000-6099 are open.

When I dial the number I get the number is not switched on, and I don't believe the call is even hitting the quadro.

The users can make calls using VOIP no probs.

Which logs if any can I look at to see whether the listening connection is successful or failing with the ITSP provider? Or are there any other ways to help diagnose these sort of issues? Thanks in advance.

Tim

Tim look in the SIPUA logs - that should point to the right place...

Is this an IINET service ? ( I ask because they have had issues recently )

Regards

Kevin

Quadro Architect

Yep, the first place to look is the SIP UA logs. The second (if you have this call in SIP UA logs, and you see it is refused by some reason), is the Call Controller logs.

Also, I would suspect you accidentially and/or unintentionally switched ON the "Route all incoming SIP calls to Call Routing" checkbox on the "Telephony"->"Call Routing" page, and that is the source of your problem..

Best regards,
    David

I will check these logs and suggestions when I get back to work on Monday.
    I think it has to do with the network configuration.

Site 1 (VPN)------->(data centreVPN) -----> Internet

The word NAT has presented it itself a few times, however I have not found any posts on NAT as you can't simply search NAT (and Network address translation) as well.

I will try put a soft phone on the network as well, to see whether that presents the same problems.

I checked the SIP User Authentication and there it says registration successful
    The call route is not for all calls.

It is a Highway1 service in WA

Any other ideas?
    Is there a way I can telnet to port 5060 or something on the quadro to test it is getting the comms?

23:09:19 Init SIP UA
    23:09:20 UAConfFileReader::CheckingSipLogLevel # LogLevel section is changed
    Log Level=0
    23:09:21 UAConfFileReader::CheckingGlobalLogLevel # LogLevel section is changed
    Log Level=1
    23:09:21 IP address 172.30.0.1 is UP, add to working list
    23:09:21 IP address 192.168.106.66 is UP, add to working list
    23:10:25 Run SIP UA
    23:10:25 SIP UA is ready
    23:10:25 CM is online
    23:10:25 RemExt is online
    23:11:06 CGI has connected.
    23:11:06 CGI has died.

I am unsure why it says CGI has died etc..
    And it does not appear to show anything when I try and call like the call may be not getting to this point.

First can I suggest you update your profile so we know where you are, taht means we don't ever have to ask things that may make a difference. e.g. what country you're in. :-)

OK - I assume you mean it's incoming calls using one or more numbers assigned to you by your ITSP taht are not answering.

So - when you set up the "main" virtual extension to connect to your ITSP (which you proabbly did with teh Wizard) what was the number part of the account name? More particularly WAS THAT NUMBER the same as one of the numbers you're trying to use? If so, does THAT number work?

How if at all have you assigned any other number to an extension or otherwise defined WHERE it should ring?

Quote Originally Posted by timmeah View Post
    Hi,

I feel a bit silly asking this one, but I am pretty sure I have checked the basics and can not resolve this one.

I have registered a VOIP number which shows in the SIP registration as successful and UDP ports 5060 and 6000-6099 are open.

When I dial the number I get the number is not switched on, and I don't believe the call is even hitting the quadro.

The users can make calls using VOIP no probs.

Which logs if any can I look at to see whether the listening connection is successful or failing with the ITSP provider? Or are there any other ways to help diagnose these sort of issues? Thanks in advance.

Tim

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by timmeah View Post
    23:09:19 Init SIP UA
    23:09:20 UAConfFileReader::CheckingSipLogLevel # LogLevel section is changed
    Log Level=0
    23:09:21 UAConfFileReader::CheckingGlobalLogLevel # LogLevel section is changed
    Log Level=1
    23:09:21 IP address 172.30.0.1 is UP, add to working list
    23:09:21 IP address 192.168.106.66 is UP, add to working list
    23:10:25 Run SIP UA
    23:10:25 SIP UA is ready
    23:10:25 CM is online
    23:10:25 RemExt is online
    23:11:06 CGI has connected.
    23:11:06 CGI has died.

I am unsure why it says CGI has died etc..
    And it does not appear to show anything when I try and call like the call may be not getting to this point.
    Don't pay too much attension to the CGI stuff in the logs..
    Are the lines above the last ones you get in SIP UA logs? If so, you seem not using any IP Phones on that device. So what phones are you using - FXS?

Also you should see there the SIP messages if they really reach the Quadro.
    If there is nothing in the log when you call in - means those messages don't reach Quadro at all. Most probably they are lost in NAT. Which type of NAT do you have there (you can see that at the bottom of in the "System"->"Status"->"SIP Registration Status" page).

has this been resolved yet??

No I am still trying to sort it out between other fires.

Thread Information