Thread: HELP - 2xi become unstable.

Default HELP - 2xi become unstable.

Hello,

I noticed that Quadro 2xi become unstable after I installed v5.
    Some times when we try to call someone using our SIP route it says without any single second delay:

IP Connection cannot be established.

I open command prompt and I ping the SIP server. Everything's fine. I open a softphone and Im trying to make a call using this SIP server. Everything's fine.

I run diagonistics tests on Quadro, the network is just fine.

So, I have to reboot the device to make it work.

Today I had to reboot the device again. After reboot I was unable to call again. Now without a message but a continious busy tone. I tried to login to the Quadro web interface and when I enter username and password the internet explorer loads for ever... I can't see the menu.

I had to hard-reboot the device (plug out the power cable). Now the admin interface opens but I still cant call. Continious busy tone on the SIP route.

Generally, the Firmware Version: 5.0.17/Release I have installed its very unstable

I can go back to the latest 4.x ?

Same error after 1 hour...
    Serious problem here

What is showing in the event log ? you might consider opening a ticket and sending the developer logs to the Epygi Gurus so they can analyse the problems and guide you, the above is not enough information for them to assist.

Regards

Kevin

New Thu Dec 18 13:25:26 2008
    3 SIP registration failure Could not Register user 205246 on server sip.xxxxx.eu:5060. Reason: Incorrect remote address

But the DNS working fine when I go to the diagnostics network tool.

Quadro Architect

zero, this doesn't look like something we can resolve without the logs. Those symptoms are unknown to me. Did something also change in the network connection since you installed 5.0?
    To understand this, we'll need the logs. Can you go to the "System"->"Diagnostics"->"Show System Logs"->"System Logs Settings" and enable the "Developer Logging"?

Then just work normally until the problem occurs. As soon as it occures again, log in and download the logs (without rebooting!!). Then you can reboot the device. Send the logs to me and will either look myself or ask TSS guys to assist.

Best regards,
    David

I Sent you an email. Please check it.
    Now I have to uncheck "Registrion on SIP Server" / Save and then
    check again and Save. Btw, I think you should add on the Status / SIP Registration Status a button for each record so we can manually reconnect to the server. Also, is there any value to setup how frequently the quadro will try to reconnect?

For your information, I contacted with the SIP provider (which is Epygi certified) and he told me that this not a problem with them and he already contacted you because other clients complain too.

Now, I have to make this uncheck/check trick almost 3-4 times per day.

PS: I haven't made any changes to the quadro nor to my internet/router in office. The only thing I did after version 5.0 is to enable this "Use Kickback" feature.

Quadro Architect

zero, I got your logs. It is very possible that the problem you have is connected with incorrect DNS SRV records on your DNS server.
    When trying to SRV-resolve your ITSP (sip.xxxxx.eu ), the Quadro gets two records from your DNS server:
    DEST: 88.198.1.3 UDP Port: 5061 TTL: unknown
    DEST: 88.198.1.3 UDP Port: 5060 TTL: unknown
    One is for port 5060, another - for port 5061.

When I do the same SRV-resolving from my machine, I get only one record - for 88.198.1.3, UDP Port: 5060, which is correct.

I don't know why your DNS server returns incorrect answer, but that entry with port 5061 is primary, and Quadro is trying first to use that, and receives ICMP destination (port) unreachable message.

I am not 100% sure this is the only reason of the problems you have now with that server, and possible we have to improve such error condition handling on Quadro too, but it worth to try if any of the following resolves the problem:

Method 1: try to put the IP address (88.198.1.3) instead of the hostname everywhere you have the sip.xxxxx.eu setting.
    Nethod 2: go to the "Telephony"->"SIP Settings" and configure the alternative DNS server for SIP. When using alternative DNS server, Quadro doesn't make SRV-resolve, but just usual A-resolve, so it should help to workaround the problem.
    Method 3: understand why your DNS server gives incorrect SRV-entry (88.198.1.3:5061). This could be a fault of DNS server, but could be a fault of the SIP provider making some experiments with their network.

Best regards,
    David

1) I already tried and it fails to connect/register. Maybe SIP server is configured to accept only when connection comes from this hostname.
    2) I just added their DNS in this config section. Let's see.
    3) I don't believe its a problem of my provider DNS because this provider is the #1 provider that serves the 75% of the internet in this Country. Plus it serves all goverment offices and services as well as all major banks. It is 100% serious provider.

The thing I can't understand is why now the SIP is registered and working and after 2 hours it is not working? What happend meanwhile and Quadro tried to resolve the host again?

How can I decrease the timer that Quadro tries to reconnect/resolve etc?

At last, Is there any possibility that quadro name server lookup have small timeout?

Quadro Architect

Well, I'll try to answer all questions...:

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    1) I already tried and it fails to connect/register. Maybe SIP server is configured to accept only when connection comes from this hostname.
    If this is the case, you may try to use hostname on SIP Server field, and the IP address in the "Outbound proxy" field.

2) I just added their DNS in this config section. Let's see.
    Yep. Please tell when/if you have any results on testing this.

3) I don't believe its a problem of my provider DNS because this provider is the #1 provider that serves the 75% of the internet in this Country. Plus it serves all goverment offices and services as well as all major banks. It is 100% serious provider.
    Well, then it might be the ITSP making some experiments...

The thing I can't understand is why now the SIP is registered and working and after 2 hours it is not working? What happend meanwhile and Quadro tried to resolve the host again?
    I didn't look into logs so deep... Quadro's DNS caching is short, as many ITSP services are using DNS SRV resolving to provide load balancing between their different servers (so you always get different servers each time when resolving).

How can I decrease the timer that Quadro tries to reconnect/resolve etc?
    You can find those timers on the "SIP Settings" page.

At last, Is there any possibility that quadro name server lookup have small timeout?
    I think, if the wrong DNS SRV records problem will be resolved, this will not seem an issue anymore... Even if we increase the timeout, the same problem will appear again, just with longer periods..

Best regards,
    David

Thread Information