Thread: Trunk access Definitions

Default Trunk access Definitions

Hi it would be good to have a designated key for a trunk / trunk group... in the advanced section of the auto deployed Extension(s)...

Ie .. to designate the first ITSP voip account as ITSP-01 2nd as ITSP-02 etc... FXO on the System as FXO-01, FXO-02 etc... or Gateways as GWFXO-01 ... or ISDN Bri as being ISDN-1-01 etc... gateways as GWISDN-1-01 etc..

The above would be reflected in the Statistics pages and passed to Radius / call accounting applications so that a logical name can be identified easily.

I dont know how easy this would be to implement whether it is in part implemented already and just needs to be expanded upon but it would be a great way to verify which service you have dialled out from and or to identify a failed connection easily. At present you have to guess to a degree when it is a gateway device... not so much an internal route...

Is this possible or something like this so identification of problems can be identified easily. As well as a failed route notification to a predetermined email address etc...

Regards

Kevin

Quadro Architect

I am not sure I got is right, Kevin... Where do you want to see those definitions? In call statistics you have that - you always can see which port the call came in from (PSTN1/PSTN2/etc), and the ITSP calls are also easily identifiable by the source hostname / destination number..

In the main telephone system Call Statistics how are the gateway ports identified when a call is made?

I thought that i had seen it only nominated by GW and the ip address only not the GW#-port#

# = Device and Port number ie GW1-4 for Gateway Device 1 and port 4

The reason for this ask - is for large installations where you have multiple ISDN 30 gateways connected to a M32x, 192 ports active, and you are trying to identify which ISDN 30 is giving you problems. You then realise you might have 180 lines ( 6 x ISDN 30's ) to try and test, to prove which is the faulty ISDN service. On large call centres that would be a big ask to stop an ISDN 30 at any one time in order to identify which one is the problem.

Or does the statistics now report gateway devices as GW1-1 etc...

I am just trying to get an identifier or a resource - route...

Designation
    ~~~~~~~
    ITSP#..for a VoIP carrier ( sometimes multiple are used )
    ISDN#-#..for an ISDN resource local to that telephone system
    PSTN#-#..for a PSTN resource local to that telephone system
    GW-ISDN#-#..for an ISDN resource on a gateway
    GW-FXO#-#..for a PSTN resource on a gateway

Regards

Kevin
    Regards

Kevin
    Last edited by KSComs; 12-02-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Quadro Architect

The format for PSTN GW calls now (at least for FXO GW, and at least in 5.1.. not sure about 5.0) is "PSTNGW[172.30.x.x]n-<caller number>", where "n" is the port number on the gateway..

Wouldn't this be enough?..

Thread Information