Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Park key

Well I have asked the Alloy guys to follow the park keys for groups up and to see if they can have this implemented on all of the Epygi range to meet the needs of users and installations that require multiple groups of park keys.

This is the same feature that is standard within Samsung, Siemens, Aria even the not so known HyBrex also has this capability, so it would be great if it was implemented.

I have a large customer that needs this function right now, so it would be great if this feature was looked at and given a positive priority to be implemented sooner than later.

Just as a FYI - there is another competitor to the Epygi that provides this type of facility on all of the platform variants...commercial and open source.

Regards

Kevin
    Last edited by KSComs; 04-01-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Quadro Architect

Well, then I'll await for the request coming from Alloy soon The feature is nice, and useful. When we can do that, depends most probably on how big that customer is

The custom purchased 2 x M32x's via my consultation ( and a 4x ) , I have implemented the 4x and 1 x M32x at their HQ. The multi-park functionality is needed for their 21 other sites before they then deploy them in the next month or so. Those sites may in turn, become 21, 2x style systems to facilitate those sites. This is a long term project, and I am hoping that Greg and HRant will have a chit chat and open the dialogue up for this to happen.

Thanx again

Kev Cabanna

i park with one key on the Aastra 9133i's. preconfig in the aastra gui - speeddial *5 and assign line 3 so when on a call...hit the configured key and the aastra grabs line 3 and dials *5.

i would like it to also pickup that call with that key to eliminate using up 2 keys for park and pickup.

I'd like to have a shorter park message.
    Instead of:
    "Your call is parked..."

Have
    "Parked 701"

I use call parking instead of hold and transfer and the receptionist doesn't need to hear a speech.

Can this be implemented in a new firmware release?

+1 for darylp sugestions as once you've listen to the message for the first time it's becomes an annoyance listing and waiting for the whole long park on 101.

Is there a way for us to upload a new recording for the first park "The call have been parked on". We can download this message then cut out the bit we don't want and re-upload it??

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    +1 for darylp sugestions as once you've listen to the message for the first time it's becomes an annoyance listing and waiting for the whole long park on 101.

Is there a way for us to upload a new recording for the first park "The call have been parked on". We can download this message then cut out the bit we don't want and re-upload it??
    well, there is a way to shorten that . A bit hacky one though.

You can use the hidden "uploadownmessages.cgi", to alter the recording called "callparkpickuplocal.wav". By default it tells "The call is parked. You can pickup the call locally by dialing an extension ..". You can upload empty WAV file, and so get rid of that message. Change the WAV called "callparkpickupremote.wav" to WAV saying "and".
    In that case the person parking the call on ext 11 (which has SIP username 1234") will listen "one one and one two three four"...

To put it more general way - system plays "callparkpickuplocal.wav + <extension name> + callparkpickupremote.wav + <SIP Username>". Replace those two recordings by messages you like (using "uploadownmessages.cgi"), and the annoyance is gone

Best regards,
    David

Thanks davrays, as I suspected!

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    well, there is a way to shorten that . A bit hacky one though.

You can use the hidden "uploadownmessages.cgi", to alter the recording called "callparkpickuplocal.wav". By default it tells "The call is parked. You can pickup the call locally by dialing an extension ..". You can upload empty WAV file, and so get rid of that message. Change the WAV called "callparkpickupremote.wav" to WAV saying "and".
    In that case the person parking the call on ext 11 (which has SIP username 1234") will listen "one one and one two three four"...

To put it more general way - system plays "callparkpickuplocal.wav + <extension name> + callparkpickupremote.wav + <SIP Username>". Replace those two recordings by messages you like (using "uploadownmessages.cgi"), and the annoyance is gone

Best regards,
    David

I was going to point this out.. but I thought my quota for the week on posting was up anyway ....

You all have a good weekend !

Kev

I'm trying to do this, where / how do I download the default wav file so I can cut it?

Thread Information