Thread: Inconsistent CallerID detection on analog line

Exclamation Inconsistent CallerID detection on analog line

I am in the US and have a Quadro 2X. I'm delighted with it with one exception - it is inconsistent in its detection of caller id on its incoming analog line (AT&T). Sometimes it gets it - sometimes it doesn't. An analog phone plugged into the same line (for testing) always gets it.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Malcolm

Hey there Malcolm, welcome to the Epygi community firstly, now looking at this without seeing any info from the Epygi Gurus that frequent the site .. to me you are having a timing issue that is coming into play under a circumstance. Now whether your Carrier is sending the digits via bellcore / dtmf etc ... I have no idea... but there are some tweaks you can play with using the hidden pages and also the standard pages to ensure that the call is identified correctly or as close as possible with the Epygi.

Regards

Kevin.
    Last edited by KSComs; 11-17-2008 at 07:46 PM.

Quadro Architect

Hello Malcolm

it is hard to diagnose without capturing the real caller ID signal from your analog line...

There are two more things you could try first (if this doesn't help we would need to capture the CID signal on the line and analyse that):

1. There is a hidden page - as Kevin told - you can call that by typing http://<Quadro IP>/fxoconfig.cgi. Call that page and click on the FXO line link. There is a combo on that page called "Caller ID:". By default the value there is "both DTMF and FSK". You can experiment with that box setting it to "FSK" (as this is most probably the CID standard on your analog line).
    If that doesn't help, there is most probably some volume problem on your analog line.

2. You can try also to play a bit with the "Telephony"->"Gain Control" page. Try to change the "FXO 1/2" "Receive Gain". You can increase or decrease that a little, to see if this makes any difference (this will increase/decrease a little bit the audio volume on your analog lines). But don't increase that too much as this could cause an echo problem.

Best regards,
    David

Default Inconsistent CallerID detection on analog line

Many thanks Kevin and David. I'll try some of your suggestions and will post back my findings.

I played with both settings and was unable to improve reliability. Perhaps one out of four calls to the Quadro fails to recognise caller ID while every call shows it correctly when I connect an analog phone in exactly the same location with the same cable.

If you have other suggestions, I'd be grateful.

Thanks again,

Malcolm

Quadro Architect

Well, looks like here more investigatiuon is needed. Thats strange to have such issue in AT&T lines, and looks it worths to give it a deeper look. I'll send you a PM with my contacts, so if you are ready to make some DSP captures, you're welcome to contact me.

The way you can do a DSP capture:
    open a hidden "callcapture.cgi", click on "Interfaces" tab, then select the FXO line you are going to call from. Press "Start", then immediately (in 5-10 seconds) make an incoming call (for example from your mobile) to the Quadro through the selected FXO line.
    After the call comes in, you can press "Stop" (or just wait for the 30 second timer to expire). Download the capture.

If the Caller ID is successful for that call, you have to do the same until you capture a call with Caller ID not detected.

As soon as you get a capture of the unsuccessful CID call, please also download the System Logs and send them to me along with the call capture.

Best regards,
    David

Quadro Architect

Update: I am happy to tell that finally the problem is resolved. It was cause by not correct error handling by Quadro2x (the CID signal sent from the telco contained some minor errors). The fix will be included into some of the next versions of 2x.

Best regards,
    David

Default Same pb : no caller id on the FXO line of my 2x

Hi I read all those post and I have the same pb :

incoming calls from the fxo (2x : 5.2.48) uncond cfw to ext 13 (snom 320).
    I ve played with all the settings of the fxocfg.cgi and fxoconfig.cgi, I can't make it work.

I did the test from my mobile to the fxo line :
    I took a capture and try to understand it, but in the 2 files :
    -dsp.log
    -dsperr.log
    there is no evidence of my mobile number, so not sure of what I'm doing!!!

Can someone help ?

Thanks,

Thomas

Thread Information