Thread: VPN registered handset no audio

Unhappy VPN registered handset no audio

Hi Epygians, I have an issue where I have a remote worker with a Snom 300 handset registered via VPN as a local extension. The problem I am having is there is no audio breaking out to the PSTN. Calls to extensions are fine, however when you break out the call works but there is no audio. This is the network: Remote worker: Router is a Draytek V2910 Static Public IP 196.XXX.XXX.X VPN is IPSEC to Office Epygi 2xi static public 196.XXX.XX.XX The Snom gets its IP (10.10.2.26) from the Draytek & registers to the private ip (192.168.10.1) of the Epygi. Draytek IP range 10.10.2.0/24 Epygi @ the office 192.168.10.0/24. I have opened the following ports on the Draytek firewall TCP/UDP 5060, UDP 4569, TCP/UDP 3478-3479, UDP 6000-6100. The Snom registers no problem it is the audio that I am battling with. Any help will be appreciated. Cheers Brad

Quadro Architect

Brad, I vaguely remember such problem.. Probably you have "Subnet to subnet" connection, that's why the streams from IP phone to IP phone work. Can you try to setup one more VPN (IPSEC), of "Gateway to Remote Subnet" type (so the Quadro as a gateway can have VPN access to the phone), and see if this fixes the problem.

Best regards,
    David

Unhappy VPN problem

Hi Davrays I cannot get another type of VPN up. I seem to be stuck with the subnet to subnet vpn. I am using ipsec, md5, 3des - but when i change it to Quadro to "gateway" to remote subnet the connection simply doesn't come up. Any ideas why? Brad

Quadro Architect

Hi Brad,

you should not change the type of existing connection. Just leave existing connecteion (the "subnet to subnet" one) as it is, and create one more connection on both ends.
    On Quadro side it should be "Quadro <> Remote Subnet" type, while on the Draytek side it should be "Local Subnet <> Remote Gateway".
    This is to create a VPN connection between Quadro itself to the remote subnet located behind the Draytek. Right now, with the connection you have, there is a VPN between *the subnet behing the Quadro*, and a *subnet behind the Draytek*, but no VPN between Quadro and *subnet behind Draytek*. You need to create that too.

Regards,
    David

Thread Information