Thread: forward call and pickup

Default forward call and pickup

hello,

1) I have forwarded all calls from a MSN number to a local extension.
    If that local extension is busy, can it automatically transfered to another extension?

2) how can I pickup another extension that is ringing from my phone?

Thanks

Quadro Architect

Sure.
    For (1) you need to set up "Busy Forwarding" on that extension ("Extensions Management"->click on extension->"Supplementary Services"->"Caller ID Based Services"->"Any Address/Other Addresses"->"Busy Call Forwarding").

For (2) there are two ways: either create a "Pickup Extension" and configure that ("Extensions Management"->"Add"->"Pickup Group") or use buttons on your phone to monitor another extension, then you can also pickup the incoming call to that extension by pressing the corresponding button.

Best regards,
    David

WOW!!! I've never seen that "Supplementary Services". It has tones of features :-D

But, it doesn't work on me I clicked "Enable Service" and then I added a Forward to SIP 101.

I called from 102 to 100 and now 100 is busy.

I called from my mobile to the office and I see linksys phone blinking in red (2nd line in que) without forwarding to 101.

Also about the #2, what you mean use buttons on my phone?

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by prozero View Post
    WOW!!! I've never seen that "Supplementary Services". It has tones of features :-D
    But, it doesn't work on me I clicked "Enable Service" and then I added a Forward to SIP 101.
    I called from my mobile to the office and I see linksys phone blinking in red (2nd line in que) without forwarding to 101.
    Did you press "Save" after clicking the "Enable Service"? If you clink on that, then immediately add and forwarding rule, the value is not being saved. Please check if that is shown as Enabled now.

If you have Snom or Aastra phone, and you use autoconfiguration (if you selected the "Phon Model" in the "IP Line Settings"), you will see the "Advanced" link near on the corresponding line in the table. You can click there, and setup a button on the phone to "Watche Ext XX". This will configure the button on Snom as "Sppeddial" to that extension, and you can pickup the calls by presing that button on Snom, while the extension rings.

I already did the pickup using Pickup groups. I have linksys spa921. i will look at it if it has a Watch Ext feature cause I need to monitor a specific extension.

about the other issue, yes I pressed Save. I will do more tests and I'll let you know!

no luck!!

i added in 100, busy/forward to 102.
    Im calling from 101 to 100.
    100 answers. Its busy.

I'm using 103 to call 100 and no forward.
    The linksys red alert flashing because of second line.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quadro Architect

Yep, the "busy forwarding" doesn't work here, because your phone is not busy actaully - it can get the calls on the second line. You need to unckeck the Call Waiting" on that extension, if you don't want to get second call: "Extensions Management"->click on extension->"Basic Services - General Settings"->uncheck "Enable Call Waiting Service"->Save

An extensino is not BUSY until it *answers* an incoming call. You can have more than one call "ringing" on an ext (depending on settings) and the ForwardOnBUsy won't kick in. Consider setting Forwrard On No Answer as well.

Thread Information