Thread: Quadro2x remote extension with port 5060 blocked?

Default Quadro2x remote extension with port 5060 blocked?

Hi,

We currently have a working network of 12 Snom 300's behind a Quadro 2x, unfortunately on our internet connection port 5060 INCOMING is blocked (well, rerouted to providers equipment), we dont have any problems with this as we use analog pstn for incoming calls and voip for outgoing calls (5060 outgoing works fine).

However we now wish to move a few snom 300's to work as remote extensions on home internet connections that don't have any port blocking.

Is this at all possible with the quadro's port 5060 incoming via internet blocked?

Thanks in advance

Quadro Architect

Well, you need to try to cheat your provider's equipment. Whether that is possible or not, depends on how advanced that equipment is. First of all, it is strange that outgoing calls work OK, when the incoming messages to port 5060 are blocked. That should mean that your provider has SIP aware equipment, which is able to distinguish INVITE messages from other SIP messages. Or there is something I don't completely understand.

First, of course, you need to try if those phones can register on Quadro and call to that. If your provider eruipment is so clever that it can distinguish INVITE from other SIP message, maybe it will analyse the SIP traffic, and allow your remote SIP phones work if they are registering on Quadro...

Second, you can try to change the SIP port on the Quadro. Set it to 5080, for example and see if you can pass your providers blockings. Of course, you need to configure your renote phones to register on QuadroIP:5080. And the same with the local SIP phones, if they are not autoconfigured by Quadro, you need to chnage the proxy port on them too, to adjust to new SIP port of the Quadro.

Best regards,
    David

Thanks for the response - I don't understand how I could try and see if the phones can register to the Quadro since I don't have control of port 5060 (it is already being port forwarded to the providers voip box)... I can request other ports be forwarded however... So yeah sorry for bad terminology the providers not really _Blocking_ the port but is currently using it for their own mandatory voip equipment.

I was just reading the support document on stacking Quadro pbx's which mentions changing ports - I think that would be the best course of action - to change the ports on the Quadro. Since the (internal) phones are all autoconfigured would it be as easy as changing the SIP ports on the Quadro through the SIP settings and rebooting the network? (Using latest firmware)

Thanks for your help

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by person View Post
    Since the (internal) phones are all autoconfigured would it be as easy as changing the SIP ports on the Quadro through the SIP settings and rebooting the network? (Using latest firmware)
    Thanks for your help
    Yep, it should be easy, without problems. Just I would suggest to reboot the whole device after changing the SIP port, not to have possible problems with autoconfiguration of the phones. Theoreticallky it should work even without reboot, but if you see any problem with the LAN phones, just reboot the Quadro, and those problems should disappear

Thread Information