Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to do unconditional call forwarding?

David,
    thanks again. In your last post I would be interested in implementing scenario 1.

So from the "Advanced" link on the "Line Settings" page I have assigned P1 to "CallFwd", is that enough? Or do I have to set up *4 in the routing table?

Thanks,

Paul

Sorry to finish my config I then went into the extensions caller ID servies and enabled unconditional call forwarding and added an entry for her mobile phone.

Am I right in now saying that when she presses P1 all calls destined for her extn 11 will now be forwarded to her mobile and when she presses P1 again the call forwarding will be de-activated?

Thanks,

Paul

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    Am I right in now saying that when she presses P1 all calls destined for her extn 11 will now be forwarded to her mobile and when she presses P1 again the call forwarding will be de-activated?
    Yes, exactly.

You will also see the forwarding status: if the forwarding is activated, te light on the button will ne ON, oter wise it will be OFF (this is true for the latest relases only).

Best regards,
    David

Question

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Let me guess... You have your "voip extension" doing many extension ringing to several other extensions, including yours. And you try to activate the forwarding on your extension. This will not work, because in case of MER (many extension ringing) the services of the target extensions are igrored.
    You have two options:
    1. Either remove MER from the VoiP extension, and configure "Unconditional Forwarding" instead (in case of UF the services of the target extensions are working). After you do that, you can set the forwarding on your own extension and it will work.
    2. Or you can ceep MER on the VoIP extension and configure on the same extension the forwarding your cell phone. The problem there is that you cannot use *4 to switch the forwarding from your phone. You have to use "00"+"*4"+ext number+password.

Best regards,
    David
    Hi, I also have this setup and was wondering why incoming calls weren't diverting to my mobile until i found this post above.

My issue is that I currently have it setup so that incoming calls all get unconditionally forwarded to the reception phone, which has a many extension ringing attached to it to the other 2 remote extensions. Currently if no one picks up then the call goes to the voicemail inbox of reception phone.

How would I configure this so that any of the two remote extensions can have mobile call diversions? I.e. my question is if i configure it as in suggestion (1) above with unconditional call forwarding instead of MER, then how can i keep the voicemail? I can't do option (2) as only one person might be diverting to their mobile at a given time. Thanks

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by person View Post
    How would I configure this so that any of the two remote extensions can have mobile call diversions? I.e. my question is if i configure it as in suggestion (1) above with unconditional call forwarding instead of MER, then how can i keep the voicemail?
    You're right, if you use the UCF instead of MER, the voicemail of the original extension will be ignored. So if you want the VM of that "reception" extension to answer, you have to put that too in the UCF list.
    The best approach would be probably to have a separate special virtual extension (e.g. ext 200) with UCF to three destinations - the "reception" phone, and to those two other extensions, where you want to be able to configure forward to mobile.
    If call comes to ext 200, all three destinations will ring, then either somebody answers, or the VM of one of those extensions will be activated. The activated one will be the VM of extension with shortest "No answer timeout". So just set that timeout to 10 sec on the "receptin" extension, and to 15-20 on the other two.
    This should work (theoretically), but you need to try and see for yourself.

Best regards,
    David

P.S. One important note: when forwarding to mobile, make sure the mobile phone will be reached through ITSP, but not the FXO port of the Quadro!! The FXO port cannot detect if the call is answered by mobile or not, thus the call to FXO is considered to be connected as soon as it successfully reaches the PSTN dialtone. So there will be problems if you use FXO in this scenario. With ITSP and ISDN it should be OK, however.

Thanks heaps for the reply I finally had the time try this out - I now have the voip extension (97 created by the voip wizard) with UF enabled to extensions 13 (reception & Voicemail), 19 & 20 (remote extensions) .... it all seems to work fine - ie if an incoming caller (Via SIP since we ported our phone numbers to our voip provider - we don't have FXO ports) calls in, all the extensions in the UF group ring, but if no one answers then extension 13 picks up first with voicemail since it has the lowest time out.

However mobile forwarding is not working... I created a UF rule on extension 20 as "Auto-7903" ... then went into call routing and created the following rule
    Pattern: 7903
    NDS: 4
    Suffix: mobilenumber
    Call Type: SIP
    Filter checkbox NOT checked
    --> next page
    Use extension settings: 97 (voip wizard), Destination host / port : voip provider as in extension 97

Now if i call the extension 20 internally from extension 21 or something then it diverts to the mobile phone... however if i call the office externally (i.e. from a landline or mobile) to the SIP-DID i get a busy tone....If i call the external SIP DID number INTERNALLY then it sits there for a while with no ringing,then partially says "Trying to conn..." (doesn't finish talking) then it rings the mobile and diverts fine...

So whats happening here? Even if there was a problem with the call forwarding on one of the extensions shouldn't the other extensions have been ringing? Now it seems with UF setup instead of MER if one extension has UF incorrectly configured then it breaks ALL incoming calls...

Quadro Architect

I looks the reason of all these problem is the behaviour of your voip provider. It doesn't allow to forward a call back to it. So if call came through that ITSP, you cannot forward it back. Except that the behaviour you explain ("no ringing for a while, the tell "trying to connect"), makes me think that it has problems with sending RINGING message. I don't thisnk this ITSP is a one certified by us...

However, you can try to overcome this... Try to set a RTP proxy on that Call Routing Rule. This may emulate a new independant call for ITSP (instead of forwarded call), so the forwarding might work that way..

Best regards,
    David

Thread Information