Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to do unconditional call forwarding?

Default How to do unconditional call forwarding?

Hi everybody, I try without success activate the unconditional call forwarding. I readen many threads in the forum but I don't really understand at which step I failed.

my main voip call route is used without prefix. I've got many extension ringing activate in the voip extension.

So I would like to know, how to do a call forwading to my cell phone, when I'm away.

thanks you

Alex.

Quadro Architect

Let me guess... You have your "voip extension" doing many extension ringing to several other extensions, including yours. And you try to activate the forwarding on your extension. This will not work, because in case of MER (many extension ringing) the services of the target extensions are igrored.
    You have two options:
    1. Either remove MER from the VoiP extension, and configure "Unconditional Forwarding" instead (in case of UF the services of the target extensions are working). After you do that, you can set the forwarding on your own extension and it will work.
    2. Or you can ceep MER on the VoIP extension and configure on the same extension the forwarding your cell phone. The problem there is that you cannot use *4 to switch the forwarding from your phone. You have to use "00"+"*4"+ext number+password.

Best regards,
    David

Thank you for your answer. It's working now. But I didn't really understand the combination key, why I must use 00 first and then *4?

I disable the auto attendant.

I success actived the unconditional forwarding by typing *498, 98 is the number of my voip ext, but when I disable it by typing again *498 the MER is not back.
    Last edited by MEDIAPCSYSTEM; 10-23-2008 at 05:12 PM.

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by MEDIAPCSYSTEM View Post
    Thank you for your answer. It's working now. But I didn't really understand the combination key, why I must use 00 first and then *4?

I disable the auto attendant.

I success actived the unconditional forwarding by typing *498, 98 is the number of my voip ext, but when I disable it by typing again *498 the MER is not back.
    I am not sure how do you use the *498 (*4+extension number).. We don't have such service code at all. You can use *4 to activate/deactivate UCF on your extension. But to activate or deactivate the call forwarding on a different extension you have to call to autoattendant (00), then dial *4, then enter the extension+poundsign, the password+poundsign..

It's working now, Davrays thanks for your help.

Davrays,
    just to clarify to activate "call forwarding" to another phone number or extension you must type the following "00" then "*4" from the handset?

Thanks,

Paul

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    Davrays,
    just to clarify to activate "call forwarding" to another phone number or extension you must type the following "00" then "*4" from the handset?
    Thanks,
    Paul
    Yes, exactly. You call to "00" AA, then use the "*4" code on the AA to login and get access to extension's forwarding settings.

Best regards,
    David

Davids remark of 00 = AA refers to the default A/A behaviour that is and should be taken the following way.

Verify that the 00 in the extension list is firstly left as the standard A/A function. Then verify that the DEFAULT scenario is selected rather than a modified scenario. If you have modified the scenario and have uploaded your own scenario then just simply create a new extension number of your choice with a default scenario set.

If you need to modify the standard default A/A then I would suggest to download it from the Epygi website ( sample ivr area )

Regards

Kevin

Guys,
    thanks for the input again. Is there any way you can configure the system so that say the receptionist using a Snom360 could just press one button and all calls would be forwarded (ucf) to the configured extn/ mobile phone and then the same buttom pressed on the Snom360 in the morning and ucf turns off?

Just trying to make it as simple as possible for the user.

Thanks,

Paul

Quadro Architect

Well, ok lets make this clear so there will be no misunderstanding. Lets suppose she has extension 11.

1. If the receptionst wants just to switch ON/OFF the forwarding from her extension 11 to some another number, then she just has to dial "*4" to acitvate, and the same "*4" to deactivate the forwarding. Thus you can easily program that "*4" on the button. BTW, you can do that from the "Advanced" link on the "Line Settings" page (use "CallFwd" option in the dropdown box).

2. If however, the receptionist wants to switch ON/OFF the forwarding on different extension (from extension 12 to some other number), she has to dial "00"+"*4"+12#+password. I am not sure you can configure the wholke combination on a button (at least it is not recommended, as it may fail sometimes). However, you can configure a button to call to 00, then receptionist just has to dial the rest

Thats it. I hope now we are on the same page.

Best regards,
    David

Thread Information