Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extensions management

Default Extensions management

Hi,

I would like to recommend or suggest if you could include an option by adding new extensions, which could allow you adding more than one extension at a time. For example: if one must add extensions from 700 to 799 then one must do it now for each one seperately. Adding an option "from:to" would save a lot of clicking. Also will be nice when you could also do this for prefixes.

If one has extensions from 700 to 799 and the prefixes are the same, for example 12345, then the whole configuration for numbers will be done in two steps

Regards,

Robert

It is already available as bulk extension add down the bottom of the page...
    In 5.0.x

Regards

Kevin

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    It is already available as bulk extension add down the bottom of the page...
    In 5.0.x
    Yeah, Kevin, but that is is only for 32x...

Do you think it would be useful on 2x/4x/16x too? They have all the extensions by defailt, so there is a very small chance someone will want to delete everything and add his own extensions. Thats why the "bulk extension add" option is absent there..

You mean we still need to sell the smaller systems ....

Ok....

Actually David it would be beneficial if you could include it in the other systems for the following reasons.

If you want to match your extension ranges for your previous environment ( i do this always ) ie removal of a tdm telephone system and introduction of the Epygi, then instead of having to enter 60+ new extension numbers after you delete the standard extension number range then that would be great. It would remove the tediom of add--->new Extension--->edit ... etc

Regards

Kevin

Hi,

Ok, that's the reason I couldn't find that in Quadro2/4/16!

The point is if I have now a customer who has 30 numbers I must enter the complete number for each one sepeartely. It is time consuming. And also, first time you enter extension you are asked how many numbers for the extension you wish. You could implement that feature there (also with an option to use por not use epygi's sip server), because in my case I'm not using Epygi's SIP server and must delete all the extensions.

Regards,

Robert

Hi David,

I think it would be a great feature to include in the other models, as kevin said when taking over from a previous system, we mainly use the same extension range, this mean removing the default off quadro and setup one up at a time, would be better it we could have the same function as the M32x.

regards,

Shaun

Quadro Architect

Well, then we'll probably include this feature in the 5.1.x for the 2x/4x/16x too... I'll enter a feature request, and hopefully we can get that in one of the first 5.1.x releases, moreover that should not take big effort from us.

@rwalland: BTW, if you don't need the sip.epygi.com accounts, you don't need to delete the extensions. You can use the extension multiselect feature: just select all the extensions you want to change and press the "Edit" - you will be able to adit the settings, which are common for extensions of selected types, including, of course, the SIP settings.

Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Well, then we'll probably include this feature in the 5.1.x for the 2x/4x/16x too... I'll enter a feature request, and hopefully we can get that in one of the first 5.1.x releases, moreover that should not take big effort from us.
    David, if I'm not mistaken the initial request for this feature was entered to be implemented on all types of Quadro IP-PBXs (or at least there were such discussion) and then it was moved to M32's enhancements list. Now, when it's already implemented, it should be quite easy to apply that patch to the remaining models.

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    ... you will be able to adit the settings, which are common for extensions of selected types, including, of course, the SIP settings.
    Of course the statement above doesn't apply to SIP Username, which is a part of SIP Settings, but can't be edited by multiselect beacuse of it's uniqueness.

hi all, i have a diffrent question. my sip client dont register, i see on ethereal "404 no such line configured". what can i do?

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by beta View Post
    hi all, i have a diffrent question. my sip client dont register, i see on ethereal "404 no such line configured". what can i do?
    beta, please ask the different question in the different thread It is unrelated here. You can create new thread, BTW.

Thread Information