Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firmware V 5.1

Quadro Architect

Hello Mark

talk to Warren or Mario. I don't think they are against having this option on all products. Probably they just need some sign of interest in that feature in the filed.. So it should not be difficult to convince them

Best regards,
    David

Hi David, Seeing that we are now into March, any further ideas as to release date of v5.1? - cheers/Lee

Quadro Architect

Well, Lee, look at my post above (http://support.epygi.com/forum/showp...21&postcount=4), where I told that I cannot give reliable estimates...

Better if you ask the marketing. I will invite Warren to answer here...

Software version 5.1 which is planned for the Quadro and QuadroM product lines is currently in Beta release. We plan to officially release first GA build at the end of April. If you are interested in Beta testing the latest software, please contact Warren Sonnen directly.

To qualify for the Beta we require details on of the live environment to review and determine is that location is a good fit for the beta. Thank you.

David / Warren, many thanks will now contact warren direct.

Hi David

As it is now mid March, I would like to pose Kevin's question re:support for newer handsets again. We have a prospect running Trix box and Snom 820 handsets. Their system is not very reliable and I would like to swap out the Trix server with a Quadro. However, I would prefer to be fully provisioning the handsets and not setting them up as a generic SIP handset.

We have another client who has a Linksys LVS9000 system, which is not giving them the features they require. Quadro can easily accommodate their requirements, but they have SPA 962 handsets.

Do you know whether 5.1 will have support for the Snom 820 and SPA 962 handsets in 5.1 GA?

Regards

Mark Dutton

Quadro Architect

Hi Mark

What refers to the Snom 820 - the answer is yes, it will be fully provisioned by 5.1 (the autoprovisioning of Snom820 is the thing we work on right now, and the development/testing is almost completed).

Related to Linksys, not sure. I will find out (probably ask guys to comment here)..

Best regards,
    David

Sorry, no plans for SPA 962,
    currently we are supporting 921/922/941/942.

I'd figure using the 962 would work if you configure them as an SPA942.. the config files should be the same.. the SPA962 just has two more lines.
    I don't know how far the support goes though.. BLFs and the likes could be tricky because part of the configuration there is at another place in the GUI so the variables could be named differently as well.
    I guess your best shot is to try once the firmware is here.

@mdhutton: the SPA9000 only does limited autoprovisioning and you probably don't set up new handsets every day (after all the SPA9k is limited to 16) so you could just go the manual route.. it takes three parameters in a phone's GUI and you're up and running (provided you did the necessary configuration on the Quadro).

Thread Information