Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firmware V 5.1

Default Firmware V 5.1

Will the New firmware version 5.1 version be functionality platform specific or will it be what you see is what you get ?

Ie .. will Video be enabled across all of the platforms ?

Will the SNOM 820, Grandstream GXV3000, Grandstream GXV2010 or Grandstream GXV2020 be supported in the new release? or are they proposed to be ported with the later releases of 5.1x ?

Do you have a road map of the Call Centre application ?

So many questions.....

Regards

Kevin

Quadro Architect

So many questions Threre are still something which is not clear to me yet, but I'l try to answer at least to some of the questions:

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    Will the New firmware version 5.1 version be functionality platform specific or will it be what you see is what you get ?
    5.1 features will be mostly not platform-specific, so will work on all platforms. But - some of the bigger features, which need more hardware resources, will be available only on 32x.
    Ie .. will Video be enabled across all of the platforms ?
    Video support is a multipart feature. As I wrote in one of the previous posts, video codecs transparent transmission (so you can connect video phones as extensions on Quadro and call with video between different extensions, and to outside) will be available on all platforms. But such things as recording videeo mails, video attendants etc, can be available only on 32x (and probably not in 5.1.x, but in later releases).

Will the SNOM 820, Grandstream GXV3000, Grandstream GXV2010 or Grandstream GXV2020 be supported in the new release? or are they proposed to be ported with the later releases of 5.1x ?
    What relates to SNOM 820, we have no support for that yet (as far as I know it was announced just 1 week ago). But I think we will include the support of that in one of the 5.1 maintenance release in the beginning of the next year. What concerns to Grandstrean phones, this is not yet clear to me. There is a chance that we will not support newest models of Grandstream. This is not finally decided yet.

Do you have a road map of the Call Centre application ?
    It is planned to be released as a part of 5.1 release on 32x (will be enabled by a additional feature key). The preview of that is included in the beta of 5.1
    (to be available in a week-two). Call Center features are to be included only on the 32x hardware...

So many questions.....
    Regards
    Kevin
    Hope I answered them all

Best regards,
    David

Default Version 5.1?

Helo. December 2008 is away, please, what is new with firmware version 5.1? Thanks for answer. Regards, Pavel

Quadro Architect

Good question, Pavel
    It is under development.. still
    ... actually as far as I know the beta is already made available lately, but what concerns to the public 5.1, I cannot give reliable estimates. I would personally expect that to come out at Feb-March... (in spring.. with the first flowers blooming )

Best regards,
    David

Smile Internet Radio Streaming

I am thinking this is a good place to post this question as it will be a new release feature. I have heard that the function of using internet radio or streaming music will be avalible. i am sitting on the edge of my seat to get this feature, this is one of the biggest draw backs that the Quadro have in comparision to other Phone Systems. I would like to see a Hardware change done to give the ability to use external MOH Devices, CD etc. but the ability to pickup Music from a Streaming source maybe a step in the right direction.

When will this be avalible and i am hoping it will be on all models

One of the things that i have been up against with the 2x is i really cant even get much music on it due to capacity even in its current format. One suggestion would maybe to give the 2x the abiloty to use a share to store MOH Files this means we could make bigger wav files and hold them on a share that the quadro could access

As a Reseller of Quadro i think this is one of the features that i am having to so no it doesnt go it when selling the product.

Thanks Adam

Quadro Architect

I didn't know that this feature could be so critical.. Probably if we knew that, we could have done that earlier
    Yes, the streaming MOH option will be avialable on all models, including 2x too. We will probably also provide a sample Windows application, which is able to stream audio files (mp3) from PC.

Cool

Is there any time soon that i can expect this to happen will it be in any of the 5.0.x version or only in 5.1 i would love to have this feature as soon as possible.

Also is there any talk of having a External Source jack on the units for CD etc.

I think the streaming thing will get it accross the line but having the option of advising customers that they can simply plug there CD Player or MP3 Player in would still be good.

Let me know if there is any beta versions that I can help test for you.

I have a 2x on the test bed so if you have a beta version with this feature in it i would be more then happy to do some testing to help move it along.

Thanks Adam

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by mikehains View Post
    Is there any time soon that i can expect this to happen will it be in any of the 5.0.x version or only in 5.1 i would love to have this feature as soon as possible.
    This feature is to be released on 5.1 only (definitely not in 5.0.x).
    I just tested it on my 5.1 version, and it looks OK (given that the PC tool is good, and the music used is not very complex and sounds OK when converted to 8KHz PCMU). You cannot use Bach music or Rock music as MoH - it will be completely corrupted when converting to lower sample rates (from 44KHz to 8KHz) to fit the telephone standards. So you have to play something simple - kind of a contemporary Pop music (as it cannot ever get worse than it is, regardless of what you use to play that ). Or just a speech would be OK too

Also is there any talk of having a External Source jack on the units for CD etc.

I think the streaming thing will get it accross the line but having the option of advising customers that they can simply plug there CD Player or MP3 Player in would still be good.
    Nop, there was no talk about that for a long time But the Streaming solution should be OK. It may be not as convenient as audio jack approach, but it is definitely more flexible - for example you can have different streaming MOH on different extensions...

Let me know if there is any beta versions that I can help test for you.

I have a 2x on the test bed so if you have a beta version with this feature in it i would be more then happy to do some testing to help move it along.
    Thanks Adam
    There is a beta for M32x available, but not for 2x/4x/16x. We have an experimental 5.1 version of 2x. If you want to play with that, you would probably need to write to Epygi Tech Support..

if you were to record your sound file at the 8kb/s bit rate rather than converting it, it sounds a lot better. You can then play a decent sound file in the app.

Using win sound recorder, convert the sound quality to ccitt a/u law first. then start your recording.
    If you record at pcm for instance, and then convert it, it comes out all funky like.
    I use a professional voice over with background music on my system and is plays at mp3 quality. Just remember to set your recording volume considerably low

Hey David

Will 5.1 be the first version to release the SOHO feature lockin? E.G. Will DHCP server offer default route other than Quadro? Will Quadro pickup NTP from either interface? Will Quadro allow phones to access Quadro tftp server and register from remote subnets, etc?

As Quadro's DHCP server dynamically provisions scope options based on the handset type, it seems to need to be the DHCP server, unless we stick to a single brand of handset (thus we can set static tftp options in our own DHCP server. If it is in a small network that does not have separate voice and data VLANS, will it be posible to set scope options in the Quadro so we can use it in a Windows domain environment, pushing out custom domain suffix, dns, gateway, etc?

Regards

Mark Dutton
    Datamerge

Thread Information