Thread: access the VM box of another extn

Default access the VM box of another extn

in particular, a Virtual extn. It rings my phone, but if I dont' answer, instead of going to MY voicemail, it geos to the VX voice mail. That's entirely understandable.

1) I need to access mails left there!

2) I need to find a way of making this go to my VM instead. I've disabled VM on the V-EXT so hopefully that won't kick in now, but will the call ringing on my extension still act upon my on-no-reply settings?

Quote Originally Posted by ccomley View Post
    in particular, a Virtual extn. It rings my phone, but if I dont' answer, instead of going to MY voicemail, it geos to the VX voice mail. That's entirely understandable.

1) I need to access mails left there!

2) I need to find a way of making this go to my VM instead. I've disabled VM on the V-EXT so hopefully that won't kick in now, but will the call ringing on my extension still act upon my on-no-reply settings?
    Umm why use a virtual extension in the first place ? If it is only to play a different greeting message while ringing your handset before it goes to your voicemail then I understand ....

Regards

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    Umm why use a virtual extension in the first place ? If it is only to play a different greeting message while ringing your handset before it goes to your voicemail then I understand ....

Regards

Kevin
    To identify the call. The only way we found (see passim) to have my phone tell me that this call is made TO a specific number is to have it routed to a V-Ext with a name and display of that name turned on, then the V-Ext has my ext on MER. We NEED to be able to discriminate between incoming calls, i.e.. did the client call Sales or Support or...

Got taht working fine but the very first time someone called that line when no-one was in to take it, it went to the VM of the V-Ext not to that of one of the real phones. Obvius with hindsite. :-)

Quadro Architect

If I understand correctly, you have virtual extension with MER ringing enabled, and with distinctive ringing set to some name. You route the calls from pstn to several virtual extensions depending on the called number.
    There are several possible solutions to your problem:
    1. Instead of routing the call to a virtual ext with MER and Distinctive Ringing enable, you can route the calls to CR table, to some rule with Caller ID modification. After passing through that rule, incoming call will chnage the caller id, and will be routed to your extension. If call comes to your extension that way, your VM will be activatde.

2. If you want to keep the current config (use the MER virt-ext), then there is no way to activate your own voicemail for calls coming through that V-ext. Only the VM of that extension will work. If you want to get the Voicemails, you can configure that extension VM box to send the mails to your email. Or you can login to the VM box of that extension several ways: a) calling "00"+"*0"+<V-ext-number>+<V-ext-password>; b) create a PBX-Voicemail rule for your V-ext (like pattern:5555, NDS:4, prefix<V-ext-number>,type:PBX-Voicemail), call "5555", you will listen the greeting of V-ext, press 1, login).

Best regards,
    David

Thread Information