Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote Extn calls die after 32 secs

Default Remote Extn calls die after 32 secs

Remote Extension setup working fine after a bit of tinkering.

Host Epygi is behind a 1:1 NAT.
    Remote Extn is behind a typical 1:Many Nat (SUA mode on a Zyxel Prestige router).

SIP link OK.
    But calls were one-way-sound only until I realised the Zyxel's ALG was not turned on. That fixed it and I now have perfect two way calls to my collegues (not risked outside calls yet) for 32 seconds - then it drops the call and gives me dialtone.

Buffer filling or emptying problem?
    Some time-out timer which shouldn't be counting during a "good" call but is?

Turning on RTP Proxy at the Epygi end seems to stop this time-out happening. But it's potentailly a waste of bandwidth, I'd prefer not to use if poss.

Session timer is NOT set.

For what it's worth, I also get this behaviour one-way from a 2x to a 4x over a SIP Tunnel. The other way is fine. Tried a few things with Epygi support but no solution yet. They reckon it's something to do with the firewall in front of the 4x......

Can you tell me what the firewalls in use are in your case?

Here, the Remote Extension is behind a 1-Many Nat (SUA) on a Prestige 661 ADSL router/firewall unit.

The target PBX is behind a 1:1 NAT on a Sonicwall TZ170 with Enhanced OS2.

Quadro Architect

Can I assume you already tried to set the "Symmetric RTP" box on the remote extension settings on Quadro (the same called "Symmetric NAT" in case of SIP Tunnel)?
    If your NAT is Symmetric, you have to set that box (and switch OFF the SIP ALG on the Zyxel).

I have this exact same problem calls on remote extension drop exactly on 32 seconds...

My setup is a Quadro 2x behind a nasty cisco modem with only ports forwarded is 5001tcp/udp (No rtp ports and i'm using a nonstandard voip port) - i managed to get the Snom 300 remote extension working at home (Using Dynalink RTA1025W modem with snom in the DMZ) by using epygi's STUN server however it drops out after 32 seconds.

In a few weeks i'm moving premesis where i'll have a different internet connection with access to all ports so i'm hoping this problem is just due to the cisco modem & nonstandard ports.... symmetric RTP / RTP Proxy does nothing.

Quadro Architect

I would be surprised if you manage to configure everything to work correctly behind such modem with just one port forwarded. Remote extension cannot work correctly, if the Quadro is placed behind a NAT router without static port forwardings for SIP and RTP.
    So even those 32 seconds you have it working, are a miracle

Hopefully the infrastructure at new premises will be more VoIP-friendly..

You'll note we got it working 100% by turning on RTP Proxy. But I think our configs are less than identical. I think you'll need to replace the "nasty ciso modem" with one that offers a full function firewall / NAT system you can take full control of. I would recommend a Zyxel Prestige 661 or 662, known to work well in this type of environment, it's ALG works a treat.
    Last edited by ccomley; 11-11-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Default 32 second call drops.

I started a new thread on my call drops over VPN and then managed to find this thread which sounds very similar.
    My setup is two Quadro 2x PBX's at two different sites each working on the local network of a Billion 7402G-M that are linked together through a IPSEC VPN.
    Each quadro uses separate ports (5060 & 5061) with call routing set up to route calls to extensions to the relevant Quadro.

The symptom that has persisted for a long time now is that when a call is placed to the extensions on the Quadro at the remote site across the VPN the call will drop out after 32 seconds back to dial tone. If the call is re-established, to the same or different extension across the VPN, the call is then fine... no drop out. So it only drops out on the first attempt.

We've been working around this problem for over a year and would be delighted for any assistance that might help me sort it out.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

What are your stun etc settings...

K

Thread Information