Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: one way communication...

Guys,
    any one can help here at all? My customer had to reboot again this morning, this is getting critical....

Thanks,

Paul

Post update

Guys,
    here's the latest update on the issue. I told the customer that the next time the problem with internet and phones occurs to call be before rebooting the device. This happened this morning and I was able to log onto the Internet Router, which looked fine and then the Quadro which also appeared fine. From the Quadro in Networking Tools I was able to ping out to www.google.ie, so then that would prove the Quadro could reach the Internet.

Next I tried to log onto the Cisco Switch and another Network Device called a DSLAM both sitting on the LAN, access to these failed.

At this point I reloaded the Quadro and after boot up I could access all Devices and the Customer is again able to access the Internet.

It seems that something is happening on the LAN Interface of the Quadro that it is blocking traffic in and out of it.

I've also turned on developer logs but I can't decpher them.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul

Quadro Architect

Hello Paul,
    your assumption about LAN port blocking could be very close to the truth...
    But to find the exact reason, we would need to look at the logs taken from the device before rebooting (you can get them as you have access from the WAN side).
    I saw that you already opened a ticket and are in active discussions with Garry. Hope the resolution will come soon.
    Best regareds,
    David

If the Epygi is providing DHCP on the Lan port, are the devices within the Lease Pool of registerable IP's in the Epygi ? and can you make them static outside of the address pool..

Regards

Kevin

Default Dhcp

Kevin,
    thanks for your interest. All Devices on the LAN are set up to get their IP address from the Quadro 16xi. The DHCP pool/ scope does not overlap with the IP addresses of the Switch, Router and other Network devices that reside outside of the DHCP scope.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,

Ray,
    I'm in contact with the customer to tell me when next the issue occurs, then I'll take the logs. I'm presuming on reboot all logs are lost?

Thanks,

Quadro Architect

On reboot using the "reset" button the biggest part of the logs are lost; on cold reboot (power unplug) all logs are lost. In this case we need to see the condition of the system at the moment of the problem, so all logs are needed before the reboot.

Best regards,
    David

P.S. BTW, my name is David, but you can call me Ray, if you want to. I have nothing against that

David,
    sorry had it in my mind your ID was Ray David. Got it now. Anyway the problem happened again but this time resolved itself without needing a reboot, so I've taken the logs and adding them to the ticket.

I'll post the resolution here when we get one.

Thanks,

Paul

Guys,
    I've also noticed a burst of CRCs on the LAN side on the Csico switch.

Thanks,

Paul

Guys,
    the problem is happening again right now. I can access the Internet Router no problem but not the Quadro16xi nor the Cisco Switch behind it.

So I can't get the logs.

Regards,

Paul

Thread Information