Thread: Call duration limit.

Default Call duration limit.

Is it possible to force a call to disconnect at a certain age? If so, can this be done with a WAV played to (a) extn (b) external caller/recipient (c) both? Can it be set on outgoing calls only? And limit it only to ISDN / PSTN routes?

Why such a daft request? One of our telcos has a call-plan which limits the cost of calls to 10p provided they are under 1 hour long. Typically that's ten minutes use, so a ten min, 20 min, 30 min or even 58 min call costs 10p. But go over an hour and they charge for the WHOLE call, so a 59min call costs 10p, a 61min call cost £6.10....

Quadro Architect

Quite a nice telco
    Now this is not possible. This feature is planned to be added soon (in this year, at least), as we got such requests before, mostly from companies, who want limit their employees from talking too much
    It is going to be possible for outgoing calls on ISDN/PSTN only, with a message played to a local user.

If you're working on it, can I aslo suggest a one minute warning or something? So there's time to warn the co-respondant? Or perhaps just see if you can flash something on the phone to draw attention to the call timer?

Quadro Architect

Yep, most probably we will warn the local user in a half-minute (or a minute.. probably this could be made configurable, if half-a-minute is not enough..) by short beeps, like some mobile operators do before closing the call by some reason. Flashing something on the phone is too phone-model-dependant..

Hello all,

Please could you tell me if this feature (call timer) is available in Quadro systems??

Regards,

Cineto Telecomunicaciones S.A.

Yes, the call timer is available in Quadro currently and function as follows. The "Call Duration Limit" checkbox is available in call routing wizard for SIP, IP-PSTN and PSTN calls. It used to limit the duration of the call placed with the selected routing rule. If this checkbox is not selected, the call duration will be unlimited. This checkbox selection enables the "Maximum Duration" text field where the maximum duration of the call in seconds should be defined. Once the call duration reaches the value defined here, the call will be disconnected without prior notice.

Thanks
    Ashot

Thread Information