Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ISDN - who's calling me?

Default ISDN - who's calling me?

We have just set up a Q4 with ISDN with 12 phone numbers available on the trunk.

Using the MSN table we have easily caused the incoming calls to route to the corrent extensions or extension groups.

however, when an extension rings, the display gives the Caller ID and the extension user's own name and number. We assume that by and large an extension user will know his own extension number and name! It'd be a LOT more useful if the second half of the dislpay could show the DIALLED NUMBER. That way the extension user will be able to tell at a glance if the caller ahs dialeld the sales number, the support number, etc. or the extension owner's personal DDI number.

The manauls are silent on the subject.

Forgot to mention - it probably is relevant - we're using SNOM phones.

The Snom telephones have the number only displayed at default and because the behaviour is a selectable thing on the telephone you need to stipulate that you want the FULL information for the call ... You would have to assign the names in the MERg for the Name of the group call to display as well as the number.

Regards

Kevin

Ah - I have found a setting in Advanced/Behaviour called Show Display Name In Dialog Info - will give it a go.

.. Hmm. I also found and turned on Dialog Info on Call Pickup - which works a treat - but the Show Display Name was clearly not the right setting you were referring to. Can you tell me what the setting is called?

Re : "but the Show Display Name was clearly not the right setting you were referring to"

*Cough*

Number Display Style: Name and Number / Number and Name / Full Contact / Number / name

You might want to look under the preferences of the telephone ...

As I said it is user selectable on a telephone by telephone basis and has nothing to do with the Epygi.

Regards

Kevin

Ah - I was looknig through the check-box options, didn't try the optins on the drop boxes. :-) But - mine was set to "Name". I've set it to "Full Contact" now to see what happens, will report back when I've run some tests. Cheers

Turned on more displauy options on the phone but it just shows SIP addresses instead of simple phone numbers.

I've also tried

- creating a virtual extension
    - routing the MSN number I most need to "differentiate" to that Vext
    - creating a MER group for that Vext which calls my extension

BUT still, when a called dials the MSN number in question, all the Snom shows me is the *caller*'s number, and the fact that it's my extension which is ringing. The latter is USELESS info. I know it's my extension ringing, I can hear it.

Quadro Architect

Hmm... I don't really know why your Snom is showing you that "it is your extension ringing".
    Typically Quadro doesn't send such information (though you can check that looking at the INVITE message coming from Quadro to the Snom. Does that contain extension number in the "From" field? I doubt so...).
    The only thing you should see on the phone display is the Caller ID...

OK, I was given to understand that if I routed te in oming call via the CRT instead of just mapping the DDI/MSN to an extension number this would improve. So I had to wait until I could try that. But now I've tried - and - no difference at all.

There's a picture of the screen of the phone when the incoming call is ringing, at http://raq.wizards.co.uk/~admin/IMG_6403a.jpg

The ringy-phone graphic is an utter waste of screen in my opinion but i suppose the clients will find it cute so I dont' care.

But them we have FOUR lines of text.

Line 1 is fine as far as it goes. It tells me which ISDN trunk is ringing (I don't care but I can see how some folk might). It tells me the caller's number. And, if I had it filled in in my Directory, it'd show me the caller's name. That's fine.

Line 2 shows me the caller's number again. TOTAL waste of screen space. Why???!!!

Line 3 shows me my own name. Why? I know it's my phone ringing, I can hear it, I can see the red light and the ringy bell graphic, just how stupid does it think I am?

Line 4 shows me which SIP registration is sending me the call - whilst most users will only ever have one, I can at least see that if I had more than one, i'd care.

But what NONE of these lines shows me is what number the caller DIALLED. So is he calling sales? Is he calling support? or is he calling my private DDI number?

By the way, I have tried creating a V-Ext with a name of "Support Line", routing the incoming call for the DDI in question to that, and making that a MER group which also rings my Extension.

And...

It still shows me MY OWN extension number and NOTHING ELSE when my phone rings, just like the above JPG. Doesn't show the V-ext number, nor the name I gave it.

C'mon guys, this is *basic*, surely?

Thread Information