Thread: Documentation related suggestions

Quadro Architect

Lightbulb Documentation related suggestions

Hello everyone,

we in Epygi are getting sometimes complaints about the quality of documentation (especially manuals). To make it possible to quickly and positively react on constructive suggestions regarding documentation or online help, I would like to open this topic.
    If you noticed any (it may be even very small) mistake/problem in grammar, spelling, punctuation, language usage; any stylistically wrong expression, any incomprehensible sentence, or anything described in a useless way -

please write a short mail to the following address:
    diana.gurzadyan@epygiarm.am.

You may post that suggestions here too, but I think it would be much more effective to send the suggestions directly to the responsible person, so they can be taken care of immediately.

Thanks and best regards,
    David

P.S. One small addition: please don't send suggestions requiring to completely change everything - the structure, the writer... etc. Such suggestions may be good, but are not realistic and thus are not constuctive. Anything else is welcome
    Last edited by davrays; 03-11-2009 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Updated mail address..

The following was submitted.

Q2x4x16x-ManII-AG-5_0_11-Ed1.pdf
    Page 76
    "IP-PSTN - calls through the IP-PSTN provider to the remove PSTN global telephone network".
    I believe the word "remove" should perhaps be "remote". Regardless, I doubt "remove" is correct.

Q2x4x16x-ManII-AG-5_0_11-Ed1.pdf
    The footer still states “(SW Version 4.1.x)”

Throughout the manuals and release notes the word “ZeroOut” is usually used. In a few cases “Zero-Out” is used. This inconsistent usage makes searching for information more difficult.

Default Documentation, Screen Messages and Online Help

Davrays,

We are with you on this topic and will watch for future developments.

I have shared much information with Gary V, in regard to changes with the on-screen
    messages, and with Warren in regard to the need for "more traditional" documentation like
    we've received from Iwatsu, Avaya, Panasonic, InterTel and other manufacturers.

Here are two small changes I'd like to suggest as they can easily be incorporated into
    the next build:

1) Could you place an entry on the System Menu, which allows the Admin to enter the URL for 2-3 different links and a text label ? That way, users could turn the Epygi main page into a portal and provide site-specific documentation.
    2) Using the same theory, could you place on the Epygi main page a footer which links to user-related documentation ? (For example, a link to the "Feature Codes" located at http://<ipddaress>/help/C/callcodes.html would give users a ready reference to their per-user handling options.)

Please free to contact me directly to discuss other options and ideas.

Regards

Mike

Quadro Architect

Thanks for the feedback, Mike.

Let me understand better what you are suggesting below:

Quote Originally Posted by grasonsupport View Post
    1) Could you place an entry on the System Menu, which allows the Admin to enter the URL for 2-3 different links and a text label ? That way, users could turn the Epygi main page into a portal and provide site-specific documentation.
    Lets assume we added a page which allows to enter 100 URLs with text labels.
    What next we are going to do with those URLs?

Quote Originally Posted by grasonsupport View Post
    2) Using the same theory, could you place on the Epygi main page a footer which links to user-related documentation ? (For example, a link to the "Feature Codes" located at http://<ipddaress>/help/C/callcodes.html would give users a ready reference to their per-user handling options.)
    There is already a link to the ""Feature Codes" page under "Main" menu item...
    And the footer of the main page of Quadro leads to the Epygi site... Do you want to have there one more footer?

Do you want to put those links under the "admin" login or under the extension login?

Thread Information