Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quadro 2xi & Thomson ST2030

Quadro Architect

That is one of the outages which I was telling you about. System goes down for something about 5min-1hour (depending on the IP Phone registration time). You have such outages about 2-3 times a day. Just this time the situation happened at a wrong moment.
    Please change all Thomson phones to use UDP for SIP transport, until we reproduce in our testlab and fix this problem in a future release. This will keep your system running stable.

Thanks and sorry for inconvenience..

Ok I have made some cleanup in the codecs so that all the calls should now use g729a. I have also double-checked that all phones are set to use UDP. Let's see how things turn out.
    Are you still monitoring the system? Is the monitoring introducing a stability issue?

Quadro Architect

I am still monitoring the unit.
    The monitoring itself cannot be not the reason of stability issues (you had outages before I started that). And since you switched to UDP on all your phones, there was no outage anymore (the last one was at Sep 21 16:35, so I suppose you changed the setting on the phones last Sunday) and since that everything works OK.

Ok I have had some user feedback today (september 22nd):
    - there seems to be a short delay when the users answer incoming calls, like if she says "Espace-Temps bonjour" after picking up the phone, the caller hears only "...jour".
    - at 16h29, from ext 38 to 016904xx45, choppy sound from the start ;
    - at 16h34, from ext 37 to 014355xx98, choppy sound?
    - at 18h06, from ext 38 to 014461xx03, choppy sound.
    On thing that bugs me: most calls use the PCMA codec, while I'm confident I set g729 as the preffered codec on both the Epygi and the phones.

The gap with communications is normal when you are using an ITSP. It is st the minute something that VoIP has to live with. You dont have the same on physical lines due to the immediate communication ie send and receive channels and the d channel for supervisory. You just dont get that type of signalling yet with sip.

I may be wrong but that is how I understand the technology used.

Regards

Kevin

The thing is, this delay is new, like it is associated with the monitoring feature.
    About the PCMA codec: this is the codec used by the ITSP, so that's normal behaviour.

Davrays, do you have any hint what might have caused the choppy sound on the calls mentioned up there?
    I have had another choppy-sound issue today the 23rd from ext 38 to 022820xx16. Interesting thing is that I have changed the ITSP so I now use g729a and symmetric packet size ; though the quality appears as excellent in the log, the user is still noticing choppy sound. Any clue?

Quadro Architect

What refers to delay, i might be caused by enabled developer logs plus monitoring. If you want, we can switch that OFF and test.
    Concerning the choppy sound - truly saying I am lost here
    Those calls are reported as excelent, and the RTP statistics shows that they were really excellent - practically no jitter, no loss at all. How this call can have choppy sound..? Thinking further, we return to the same assumption as in the beginning: if the RTP stream has reached the Quadro from ITSP, and was sent to the phone without problems, those problems should be either in between of the Quadro and phone, or in the phone itself. Is that possible to replace ext 38 with normal analog phone for some time, and see if problems disappear? Or at least put the Aastra on ext 38. Also it could be very useful to put Snom phone instead (for experiment). Snom has a good habit: it sends the RTP statistics in the last SIP message of the call (either BYE or OK). This way we can see if the phone received all the packets.

Hello.
    Could we (well, you ;-)) switch monitoring and developer logs OFF ?
    At the moment I don't have a SNOM phone available. I guess I'll leave it as is for the time being. The customer has plans to have its cabling rebuilt, which might have an impact on the issue. We'll see...

Quadro Architect

Sure
    I switched OFF the developer logs, and disabled monitoring.
    Lets wait a little until either cabling change will solve the problem, or you get a Snom
    Hopefully, the delay you had, will disappear after switching OFF the monitoring.
    Best regards,
    David

Thread Information