Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music on Hold question

Default Music on Hold question

Hi know from passed treads that it was not possible to put a user on hold and enter in the middle of the hold music, it always starts at the beginning.

Is there a way now to make this happen and is Epygi looking to do this at all in the future?

regards,

Shaun

Quadro Architect

It is not possible now, but may be possible after we implement and release the streaming solution: Quadro will play hold music from the external source, such as an RTP stream coming to a specified port. The music could be sent from some PC.

Shaun... M2 Technology in Australia have a device that will stream Music On Hold ( pre-recorded sound studio announcements ) via a device called M2 OnQue Web Managed Announcer.

http://www.m2onhold.com.au/products.html

They ship some of their products world wide so you might be able to get in first into your country perhaps.

I know the Directors are down to earth and willing to listen.

Regards

Kevin

I talk direct with the Directors of M2 Technology and have given them this scenario to view if it will fit all they need from the IP Community is interest.

I can put Epygi in direct contact with the Directors so they can shore up ties between technical departments for production once the interest has been established.

I see M2 Technology's role in this at the level of either OEM'ing the device to Epygi or offering the device as a solution to the distribution or reseller chain. M2 Technology also provide their sound studios for IVR / MOH recordings here in Australia and New Zealand and if you look at the link above that should give you a clearer scale and scope of what they do as a Manufacturer.

Regards

Kevin

Quadro Architect

Kevin, I would like first to understand the technical part of this OnQue Announcer. Almost all of the data provided on their website is a marketing-staff-oriented idle talk, which I don't really perceive well. I found just one place where they wrote that they support "Encoding: 8kHz Sampling 300Hz to 3.4kHz (telephone bandwidth) PCM A-Law as per ITU G.711(64 kbps data stream)", which looks interestring for us.
    Do you know how do they send the hold music to the PABX? Is that an RTP stream containing G.711 encoded voice data or something else?

At the present they are using standard 3.5 mm mono plug but there is enough interest to look into altering to an rtp stream which the main technical person for M2 Technology agreed. The Directors of M2 just need interest.

I can create a direct link for the Big "M" to the Big "K" and let them chew over the possiblities.

I know M2 will look into converting the OnQue for IP Based systems to meet the demands of the IP community.

Regards

Kevin

Smile Re: Getting A Radio or CD-Player or MP3 Player onto the Quadro

Hope this helps...

Hi Everyone, i have been following the MOH Developemt quiet closely as i think is one area where the Quadro is let down, as Most PBX have the ability to have a external Music Source.

Saying this i think the RTP Streaming option is a very good one and i think i have work away aroudn getting a tradional Radio, CD Player or MP3 OPr MOH Appliance into the Quadro using the new Streaming Function.

All of this is based on once Epygi come back to be on how to setup the Streaming, but my understanding is that you just need a RTP Streaming Server in Which VLC will do it and then from VLC you can Stream a Cacptured Device in this case the Microphone input, where your analogue device can go into.

It is one more step then just plugging directly in but has much, much more Flexability.

Hope this helps.

Regard's Adam

The M2 Model is in its testing phase at present. I have been informed the model is very close seeing as M2 only had to add a secondary lan port for streaming...

This will result in being able to stream MOH from a lan updatable device for an IP system such as the Epygi's or even straight to the Music ports of SNOM handsets as it is now.

For now, if you had SNOM handsets, you would be able to stream audio for music on hold direct and will not need to use the Epygi or remote MOH for audio to your listeners once the call reaches your handset.

Just a thought..

Kev

Quadro Architect

BTW, with Quadro having the RTP streaming solution (available now in 5.1 versions) you will not only have the ability to sending MOH from external source. You will get new ability, which I guess, cannot be achieved solely by the capabilities of Snom phones .

Namely - you can now stream the call queue message from an external source.
    You would need to select the "Alternative Call Queuing" mode to be able to use this.. (activated from a hidden page).
    This ability is not advertised or even documented, but can be used...

Just an additional thought

Best regards,
    David

Hi Kevin & David. I upgraded to 5.1 yesterday on a 2x & am trying to get streaming working using VLC. I can stream to IP of another pc & it works fine, but as yet I am unable o get the MOH to play the stream. I am streaming RTP via port 1234 from VLC media player, target IP pc for testing purposes & it works. The pc is configured to receive network feed, protocol UDP port 1234. Then change target IP to Quadro 2x & configure ext to "Send hold music to remote IP party", Listen Hold Music = Own_Music, RTP channel = "vlc" (which I set up under "Telephony", "RTP Streaming Channels. Channel name=vlc, Local RTP port=1234, description=music.
    What am I doing wrong please? Thanks for the help & excellent products. Brad

Thread Information