Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Differentiating inbound called number.

Default Differentiating inbound called number.

We have two registrations to a sip provider which both route to the same ext on an inbound call.I wish to label the inbound calls for example as Advertising or Sales so that the called ext can answer appropriatley. Where can I do this ?
    Also on an outbound call from this ext how can I provide for a simple way to send the call over sip registration 1 or sip registration 2. The best I have managed is to configure my dial rule so if 7xxx is dialed it routes of sip reg 1 and if 9xxxx is dialed it routes over sip reg 2.
    As these calls both originate from the same handset I would like to have a single dial rule, ie 9xxx and send the call over sip 1 if line 1 on the phone is used, sip 2 if line 2 is used ?
    Am I missing the point somewhere ?
    Regards

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by ritsadmin View Post
    We have two registrations to a sip provider which both route to the same ext on an inbound call.I wish to label the inbound calls for example as Advertising or Sales so that the called ext can answer appropriatley. Where can I do this ?
    There are two ways to do that:
    1. Using the virtual MER ringing group with Nickname set. Instead of routing to a extension directly, you route the call from each provider to a its own MER group with only one extension (your target extension) in the MER list, and set the nickname of that MER group to some distinctive word. This is generally a good way, but note that in that case the voicemails will be left on the MER extension, not at the target extension.

2. You can route your incoming call to CRT (Call Routing Table), and use the "Inbound Caller ID Modification" ("Filter on Caller / Call Type / Modify Caller ID" on that rule).

Also on an outbound call from this ext how can I provide for a simple way to send the call over sip registration 1 or sip registration 2. The best I have managed is to configure my dial rule so if 7xxx is dialed it routes of sip reg 1 and if 9xxxx is dialed it routes over sip reg 2.
    As these calls both originate from the same handset I would like to have a single dial rule, ie 9xxx and send the call over sip 1 if line 1 on the phone is used, sip 2 if line 2 is used ?
    Am I missing the point somewhere ?
    Regards
    The way you configured that is the correct way, so you can call through different routes using different prefixes. That way is mainly used for that purpose with Quadro. If you necessarily want to use the phone lines/buttons to choose provider, you will have to configure a separate extension for every line of your phone. For eaxmple register Line 1 on extension 31 and Line 2 on extension 32. Then you can use "Inbound Filtering" in CRT to allow only extension 31 call through provider 1, and extension 32 call to provider 2.

Thanks - will try your two extension option.

well I implemented as such. I set unconditional call forward for sip reg 1 to 8932- In the CR I created a rule to map 8932 to Ext 32 and used a label 'Sales'

8932 NDS: 2 PBX None No * Display Name: Sales PBX 10 Sales to Ext 32 .
    It works 'almost' great. When the call comes in the caller sees 'Sales' on their phone, but they no longer see the calling party field - I think I need to tell the phone to display name and number ? or is this for a different reason ?
    Thanks

well I implemented as such. I set unconditional call forward for sip reg 1 to 8932- In the CR I created a rule to map 8932 to Ext 32 and used a label 'Sales'

8932 NDS: 2 PBX None No * Display Name: Sales PBX 10 Sales to Ext 32 .
    It works 'almost' great. When the call comes in the caller sees 'Sales' on their phone, but they no longer see the calling party field - I think I need to tell the phone to display name and number ? or is this for a different reason ?
    Thanks

SNOM handsets require Name and Number to work...

Kev

Quadro Architect

Yep, you should configure your phone (from its GUI) to show bothe the name and number. On Snom it is "Number Display Style:" box on the "Preferences" page.

hi guys, very interesting post. I'm in the same situation, for a customer we have 2 sip lines for 2 different company host. I created 2 extension with the voip wizard : 999 and 998, with 2 virtual user extension 100 and 101 as MER with names SALES and SUPPORT. When a call is coming I can see only the number and I want only the user see sales or support.

I try to follow the instructions but I think I miss a step or didnt understand. The phones are 2 st2030.

Thanks

Hi there, well I dont think you have missed a step, But i think the telephones you have got do not have name and number functionality which is prevalent in the SNOM, Polycom and AASTRA handsets.

I personally have had zero ( 0 ) experience with the Thomson brand, it may not be supported at all.

If it isnt, do not give up, you can use the analogue ports of the Quadro to signify the 2 x call types, just map those extensions on the Thomson so you can tell which is which, by naming those extensions differently.

I understand that this prevents you from using the analogue ports, but if they are not used currently, then the work around is a good one rather than swapping the thomson handsets out for SNOM's etc...

Regards

Kevin

Could you give me more details, I try again but not giving up. My extension are 213 and 214 for the thomson. The sip lines are 998 and 999. I know I ask much but I know I'm soon to understand with more details.

I've got and aastra 57i, I can see only the number and not the name of the group. That's why I'm sure I'm wrong lol.

Thanks again

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by MEDIAPCSYSTEM View Post
    I created 2 extension with the voip wizard : 999 and 998, with 2 virtual user extension 100 and 101 as MER with names SALES and SUPPORT. When a call is coming I can see only the number and I want only the user see sales or support.
    Where did you set those SALES and SUPPORT names? You need to enable the distinctive ringing feature on ext 100 and 101, and set those names as a "Nickname". Did you do that?

Thread Information