Thread: Using Config Backup

I recently upgraded my 2X from 3.1.21 to 4.04 However, because of the FXO bug in verzion 4.04, I wanted to go back to 3.1.21 prior to doing do I downloaded the config for backup. Then I downgraded back to 3.1.21 and tried to upload my saved config. I failed stating that it was incompatable. So since I made so many changes since the last backup (my fault), I have to go back to ver 4.04, upload the config, then pring the configuration of those items I know I changed. Isn't there anyway around this?

What FXO bug ?

The FXO bug in 4.04 is this: If you have an FXO line it will go into a seizure 2-3 times per day, thus rendering it usless for any incoming calls. I use it to pick up my messages from away from home by directing to the Auto Attendant. But since going to 4.04 I pretty much can't pickup my messages as most of the time I call my FXO line it gives a busy signal. I come home to find the only way to clear it is rebooting the Quadro 2xi, or sometimes trying to place a couple calls outbound - even unsuccessful ones will clear it. But the clearing only lasts for a few hours. Moved back to previos version 3.21.1 and voila, to problems there

I wasn't aware of the bug, but we we're experiencing lock up issues with our 4x somewhat like what you describe. We were able to resolve those issues by restoring an old firmware, resetting the quadro configuration to factory defaults and then upgrading to the 4.0.4 firmware. Now we have been running on the version 4 firmware for at least a week without issue.
    Sorry this doesn't answer your question about the configs.

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by phoneman77
    I recently upgraded my 2X from 3.1.21 to 4.04 However, because of the FXO bug in verzion 4.04, I wanted to go back to 3.1.21 prior to doing do I downloaded the config for backup. Then I downgraded back to 3.1.21 and tried to upload my saved config. I failed stating that it was incompatable. So since I made so many changes since the last backup (my fault), I have to go back to ver 4.04, upload the config, then pring the configuration of those items I know I changed. Isn't there anyway around this?

I guess, no. If you backed up the config on version 4.0.4, it can be restored only on versions higher or equal to 4.0.4. So here I can just give a advice for future (though you may tell it is obvious): it is useful to always backup the config before changing version.

Best regards,

DVREdited by: davrays

Thread Information