Thread: Problem with SIP account on Quadro 2x

Default Problem with SIP account on Quadro 2x

Hi again,
    I've been having continual problems with a VoIP setup on a Quadro 2x. Basically the sip account seems to be very intermittent, losing connection with the Voice ISP quite frequently.

I've been in touch with the Providers a number of times checking settings etc. and they seem to think it is a configuration problem on the Quadro 2x.

The Quadro 2x sits behind my broadband Router;

Is there anything that I should configure on my Router for VoIP?

I've pasted in the screen shots of my Extension sip settings for your information, if there are any more details you need please let me know. I can provide remote access if necessary.

Many thanks,

Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quadro Architect

Hi Paul,

what do you mean saying "the sip account seems to be very intermittent"? Is the registration lost, or the calls don't go through? Do you get registration failre events?
    Did you run independant "ping" to make sure the network condition is OK when failure occures to the VoIP system? What is the type of NAT detected by STUN (you can see that from the "SIP registration Status" page of the Quadro)?

All these details are needed to find out if this is an account problem, or just a network outage cause by intermittent ISP connection.

Hi Dav,
    and thanks for your interest.

Basically I mean that I'm having getting VoIP / SIP working consistently in my office. Sometimes the registration shows as down and mostly I'm having problems with inbound calls.

At the time of the issue I can make calls to my mobile phone but not back in the other direction i.e. inbound.

From the SIP registration Status page:

Detected connection type: Full Cone NAT (external IP: 86.45.1.152:21884).

I hope this is enough info to work with :-)

Thanks again,

Paul

Quadro Architect

Hi Paul,

lets do an experiment. As soon as problematic condition happens (calls OUT work, calls IN fail), you
    1. To to the extension 11 GUI, and uncheck the "SIP Registration" checkbox, Save, then wait a 20-30 seconds, and check it back, save.
    2. Wait to see if any event comes in telling the registration success/failure (and the reason of failure, if one). The event will come as soon as you can see the registration status in the "SIP Registration Status" page. If there is a failure, what is the reason shown in the event?
    3. Get the SIP UA logs and see what happened there (you can paste it here). Also it worths to get the full logs, so you can send that to me if SIP UA log doesn't help.

How often the condition happens?

I experienced intermittent SIP problems like yours, when my internet router QoS was set incorrectly. Best to avoid upstream QoS if you can - or at least ensure that your internet router is not fragmenting your IP packets into MTU < 1492. Check out my posts on this topic about six months ago.

Lads,
    I can make out bound calls no problem at all but inbound calls don't work at all ( 100% ) of the time. On my Broadband Router I don't belive there is any QoS configured, only port fowarding from ports 5060 - 5069 to the WAN IP address of the Quadro2x. Any ideas?

Paul

Quadro Architect

Did the condition happen during last week? It is more effective to look at the logs during the condition, as I suggested above, than to make assumptions.

Thread Information