Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio as MOH

Default Radio as MOH

I know there are a number of reasons why a business should use your own advertising as MOH but as Quadro is a replacement to most if not all conventional systems what solution or plan is there from Epygi to address this? Essentially a couple of clients have asked for this facility as a button to play off their phone and as a MOH. Any advice welcome. In our installed base we exclusively use Aastra 5 series and the former 9133 etc. Thanks/Lee

In many jurisdictions (including yours) they would be breaching copyright by (re-)broadcasting copyrighted material without a performance license. Same as playing a radio in a retail store. Pick a nice royalty-free tune and go with it. Who wants to hear the bloody radio while your on hold anyway????? And just tell those staff members they'll have to contribute toward the APRA fee, they move on to whinge about something else quick as!....

http://www.apra.com.au/music-users/L...cences/faq.asp

Quadro Architect

Hi Lee

do you mean that some of your clients had older PBX systems which allow to use attached phones as radio? They want to just push a button and convert your phone to a radio device.. ?

Teamnet - thanks I will make the point but its the customers want not ours, hopefully this will help discourage them.
    Davrays - YES thats essentially it, press button and stream radio through speaker as / when required. - is this a option or more of a phone control feature?
    cheers/Lee

Quadro Architect

Hi Lee,

this may be possible to do using the future 5.1.x version of Quadro - we are adding there a possibility to play the MOH from external RTP source. You will be able to run some 3rd party application on a PC (like VideoLAN), letting you to get audio from the source you need and to send it as an RTP stream to a predefined port on the Quadro.

After we implement the MOH from external source, we can think of adding a Radio button on the phones (this will be just an additional service code). This sholud not be hard.
    But as I told, this feature is being implemented in 5.1 version. And I have no estimates for 5.1 release time. If you want the feature earlier (in 5.0), you are free to contact our product management

Best regards,
    David

Hi David

Excellent news, I wont hold you to this but whats is the most likely guesstimate for 5.1 e.g 2 months, 4 months, 6 etc? This is not a show stopper so most likely wait for supported release before implementation. Appreciate your support. / Lee, SMT

Quadro Architect

Well, my 'guesstimate' for 5.1 would be something about 5-6 months, if we are not pushed to do that sooner. But this is just a guess from a developer, as often there some marketing related factors arise, which I cannot predict now

Hi David, understood and thanks. Will refer back to this thread later down track and contact product marketing if needed to push feature sooner than later. /Lee

Thumbs up update on radio as MOH

Hi David, picking up the thread for update -any further estimates on this feature, e.g 5.1 and any possible dates, again I wont take this as a definitive just need your feedback.

Cheers/Lee
    SMT, Brisbane

Quadro Architect

Hi Lee
    the 5.1 with the radio as MOH (streaming channels support) is very close to be released as beta. Beta versions will not be publicly distributed, but you can probably get them from your distributor, if you want to try and see how that implemented.
    What refers to the publicly available versions of 5.1, most probably they could be released in something about two months..

Best regards,
    David

P.S. We are now working on a PC application, which will allow to stream music, so you could use that instead of VLC/VideoLAN (which is pretty buggy software, when it comes to advanced features). Probably we can release that application along with the public versions of 5.1.

Thread Information