PDA

View Full Version : Energy consumption

Synertic
07-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi all. Any boddy have the real Watts consumption of Quadro products?

We need that to calculate the Watts requirement on my UPS.

Thanks

davrays
07-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Eric

I questioned our lead HW designer (Ashot) and this is what I got:

With 200 Ohm load (typical FXS off-hook state) consumption of Quadro boards are as follows:

Quadro 2x series:
- 2.4W no active call;
- 3.2W one active call;
- 3.85W two active calls;

Quadro 4x series:
- 6W no active call;
- 10W four active calls;

Quadro 16x series;
- 10.5W no active call;
- 15W six active calls;
- 20W twelve active calls,
- 24W sixteen active calls;

My question:But what about Quadro FXS in the ringing state?
Answer: These are usually short peaks and can be disregarded when calculating needed UPS power. UPS normally should stand at least 50% more of it's nominal power for short peaks.

Best regards,
David

P.S. An important note: when saying "no active call", Ashot means "no FXS line off hook".
Calls from IP Lines almost don't eat additional power. FXS lines are the main power consumers.
In any case I would account 100-150% more for redundancy.

P.S.2. Also my personal disclaimer comes here - I accept no responsibility for any damage or blabla caused by blabla.. :) You are free to use this information at your own risk, or ignore this information, if you are in doubt... I am just proxying this information, refer to Ashot with any questions and possible complaints :)

Synertic
07-30-2008, 11:38 AM
lol, I accept your terme of use. I make search on the web to find how to calculate the power requirement and I find only watt=volt x ampere but for the quadro is 132 watt. (110volt * 1.2 ampere)this is the input of the power supply of the Quadro. Any way

Thanks for your answer this is help me

I have a table to calculate the runtime of UPS (120v north america) if you are interested I can post in the forum

davrays
07-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Well, it would be interesting to look at that table :)

But, as a former physicist, I can tell you that though your formula is completely right, it refers to direct current (DC) only, so you can apply that only for output of Quadro power supply. And Ashot's calculations also apply to the power coming from power supply to the Quadro.

BTW, UPSes usually have tech characteristics not in Watts, but in Volt-Amper, which is more convenient to use for alternating current (AC) (as that is just Volt * Amper).