PDA

View Full Version : 3 seperate companyies using ISDN

lambsons
06-19-2008, 11:02 PM
HI There,

I have a client with a 2xi & ISDN GW, they are three seperate companies each with their own ISDN Line, only 2 ext per company (total 6 ext.) All using Snom 320's

For the last month we were using two ISDN lines and running two companies, one company through one line and the other through the second ISDN line, company 1 was not able to dial through company 2's ISDN by setting a filter in call routing table for each company, and visa verse for company 2....all has been working until we installed company 3's ISDN line into the GW, even by creating another routing rule for company 3 and enabling filters, company 3 now dials out through company 2's ISDN line....

Am i doing this the right way???

I don't use a 0 or 9 to access ISDN lines, i left this blank so each company just dials an outside ISDN number and the routing table determins which ext. must use which ISDN line....

regards,

Shaun

KSComs
06-23-2008, 05:21 AM
Shaun,

Use dial "0" mate with the extensions as the filter - ie

{11,13} = ISDN 1 - Channels 1 and 2, Allows dial out using ISDN 1 for extensions 11 and 13 only.
{12,15} = ISDN 2 - Channels 3 and 4,
{14,16} = ISDN 3 - Channels 5 and 6,

So 3 x dial rules all one after each other and with the Dial plan of 0* NDS=1, ISDN 1 for the first, ISDN 2 for the second and ISDN 3 for the third.

That way each company just dials 0 then the number ...

Regards

Kevin

davrays
06-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Shaun,

Use dial "0" mate with the extensions as the filter - ie

{11,13} = ISDN 1 - Channels 1 and 2, Allows dial out using ISDN 1 for extensions 11 and 13 only.
{12,15} = ISDN 2 - Channels 3 and 4,
{14,16} = ISDN 3 - Channels 5 and 6,

So 3 x dial rules all one after each other and with the Dial plan of 0* NDS=1, ISDN 1 for the first, ISDN 2 for the second and ISDN 3 for the third.

That way each company just dials 0 then the number ...

Regards

Kevin

Yep, everything is correct here. But it should work also without using "0" as the prefix too: just by having rule with pattern "????????" (number of questionmarks is the length of PSTN numbers), without any NDS or anything else. I guess Shaun has to be more specific on what routing rules he has, and what filter he uses on them. I have a suspect, that Shaun just forgot to add something... :)

lambsons
06-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey guys (Kevin & David), :)

Found problem, in the Epygi firmware release notes, their is an unfixed problem / issue....

It does state for FXO GW only not ISDN GW, but i'm using ISDN GW and have the same issue...the release notes say that when using a FXO GW in shared mode the filtering rules do not work right, i ended up making the the SIP username the same as the extension number (as stated) and filtering now works fine...

When is this issue going to be sorted? not a major problem with this client because thier ADSL is not in yet - so they are not using SIP registeration yet...

regards,

Shaun

davrays
06-26-2008, 06:18 AM
Yep, it looks you are right, Shaun. That is SPR 13145 ("FXO Filter on Caller doesn't work when using sharing mode"). The same should apply to ISDN.
This is fixed for 5.0.x, so the version with the fix will be published very soon.