PDA

View Full Version : serious missed call problem

zero
06-18-2008, 04:41 AM
Hello,

I have a serious issue with Quadro 2xi.
I have my ISDN modem as the local telecom provider gave me.
This ISDN modem is a "NetMOD USB" (http://www.intracom-telecom.com/helpdesks/netmod/downl/netmod_usb_manual.zip)
On the S0 of the ISDN modem I connected the Epygi ISDN.
At the same on the ISDN modem on the analog port I have a cheap analog phone device.
I have also set to route MSN number "2220543100" to route to 113 (my reception).

It works great. All calls are forwarded to the reception (113). I can hear the analog phone plus the VOIP device on 113 ringing normally.

The problem is that one or two call per day (about 30 calls per day) the call is not forwarded to the 113. Only the cheap
analog device is ringing. I'm looking on the logs and I can't see any missed call from this number. For example, today at
12:10 I have a missed call that only the cheap phone has ringed. This specificnumber number already
called me several times and already have a missed cal at 10:35.

Any ideas? :confused:

---
Boot loader: 4.0.8/ReleaseFirmware Version: 4.1.58/Release

artur_s
06-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Hello,

Seems MSN is not configured properly
You have to review MSN settings from GUI.
Because of wrong MSN settings some calls might be ignored on Quadro and you may have missed call.

Artur

zero
06-19-2008, 02:56 AM
and how an MSN can be configured correctly?
You have to enter only numbers. And it works most of the times.
So MSN is configured correctly.

KSComs
06-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Prozero when it doesnt work do you go into the ISDN status and check what it sees or thinks it sees...

Maybe there is a synchronisation problem between the Epygi and the NT1 device or the Telephone Exchange itself.

In the past I have had a large pabx system from a known brand and the telephone exchange go out of sync causing similar problems that you are experiencing so next time it happens look to the status of the isdn... also turn all of the logs on and submit them to the Epygi Gurus.

Regards

Kevin

davrays
06-19-2008, 07:00 AM
and how an MSN can be configured correctly?
You have to enter only numbers. And it works most of the times.
So MSN is configured correctly.

prozero, I know Artur very well, and my experience shows that if Artur tells something, there is a huge chance that he is right, and usually I tend to believe him :)
But it would be great, Artur, if you could explain in more details, what can be wrong in MSN table, which settings should be wrong etc...

Best regards,
David

P.S. Kevin is also right when telling about the logs, BTW those logs will come finally to the same Artur :)

zero
06-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Prozero when it doesnt work do you go into the ISDN status and check what it sees or thinks it sees...

Maybe there is a synchronisation problem between the Epygi and the NT1 device or the Telephone Exchange itself.

In the past I have had a large pabx system from a known brand and the telephone exchange go out of sync causing similar problems that you are experiencing so next time it happens look to the status of the isdn... also turn all of the logs on and submit them to the Epygi Gurus.

Regards

Kevin

Hello, everytime that missed call thing is happening I immediatelly call form my mobile and the VOIP phone rings. So I don't believe its a SYNC problem.

I have already contacted Epygi Gurus and they told me to enable Call Queue. Let's see tomorrow...

zero
06-19-2008, 06:43 PM
prozero, I know Artur very well, and my experience shows that if Artur tells something, there is a huge chance that he is right, and usually I tend to believe him :)
But it would be great, Artur, if you could explain in more details, what can be wrong in MSN table, which settings should be wrong etc...

Best regards,
David

P.S. Kevin is also right when telling about the logs, BTW those logs will come finally to the same Artur :)

Hello, Epygi tech already contacted me he told me about wrong MSN but finally there is nothing wrong with it. It can't be wrong when you receive 30 calls per day and just one is missing.

Anyway now I'm testing the PBX with Call Queue option turned on. I will come back in few hours with more results.

davrays
06-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Prozero, I have seen the logs sent by you, and from them I can conclude the following:
a) ISDN is not guilty here
b) you miss the call every time when your receptionist phone is calling out somewhere and you listen the ringback. If a call from ISDN will come right at that moment (while you listen ringback, so your party didn't answer yet), it will be missed.
So the best solution is to enable the Call Queue on receptionist extension. This was what I suggested our technician to tell you. It should help, as there is nothing else wrong happening on your unit.

Best regards,
DVR

zero
06-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Hello,

for the record I'm talking with Customer Support (via Ticketing system) and we still don't find the problem.