PDA

View Full Version : Remote Tips

KSComs
04-17-2008, 08:05 AM
How to ring extensions on your local and external Epygis. Ideally suited for Service industry where the call needs to be answered by the first available staff member.

In the picture attached called Epygi-Remote.jpg you have 3 Quadros all external to each other and seperated by private subnets in this case.

Epygi HQ has extension ranges of 100, 101 and 102, Remote Epygi A - a 6L has extensions 200, 201, 202 and lastly the Remote Epygi B - a 2x has extensions 301 and 302.

I want to be able to receive a call into my Head Office and simply transfer the call to the support desk, I dont care who answers the call, I just want an available support person to answer the caller.

So here is what I do:

In my Call Routing tables of the HQ epygi. I create the following:

2?? NDS=0 , SIP-192.168.1.1:5060 - which allows me to dial any extension on the 6L ( Remote A )
3?? NDS=0 , SIP-192.168.2.1:5060 - which allows me to dial any extension on the 2X ( Remote B )
8?? NDS=0 , PBX - which allows me to dial the virtual extension(s) I create in Extensions management.

All good so far, now in all cases my support extensions are 101,201,301.

So now in the Users-->Extensions Management I create a virtual Extension. I will use 888 for the sake of a number.

Now clicking on the newly created extension 888, I go to suplementary services, and click on the Unconditional Forwarding and set the appropriate extensions by adding the ones that I want - as per the CallerId picture.

The end result is all extensions will ring with the last extensions voice mail taking the caller if no one answers. This last extension could be a virtual with a broadcast box to send a voice mail to all the support extensions.

You could even nest MERg's using this method and therefore ring more than just a handful of extensions.

Enjoy,

Regards,

Kevin

AramK
04-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Nice tip, Kevin :) Yes, you can use Forwarding to configure MERg in different Quadros, as the real MERg works with internal extensions only. It is not documented anywere, so you had a hard time finding this out I guess :)