PDA

View Full Version : Round robin through FX0 GW

lambsons
04-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi There,

I have a FX0 GW connecting to six GSM units, each GSM unit is only used for outgoing calls to various mobile companies. Each GSM unit has a account of 500mins. What i would like to setup which can be setup on legacy PBX systems is to create a "round robin" or "circulate" all outgoing calls through these GSM units, ie: if a user calls a through the FXO GW on port one, and then another on port two, if no one is using the system next it then starts off at port one again and not port three, we then don't get equal / proper utilization from the GSM units.

How can i creat a Round Robin or circualte calls through this setup?

regards,
Shaun

AramK
04-17-2008, 02:03 AM
Currently we haven't such option on Quadro products.

KSComs
04-17-2008, 04:28 AM
Hey Shaun,

I know traditional telephone systems allow ( Circular, LIFO, FILO ) type dialling... but this is an IP system that doesnt have such an option... so LOAD balancing of outward calls is not currently possible on the current Epygi Quadro platform.

Circular = Outbound calls in a rotating sequence of line x to line x
LIFO = Last In First Out - outward calls will be made from the first choice of lines first
FILO = First In Last Out - outward calls will be made from the last choice of lines first

ie a 6L has 6 x PSTN line connections... the Epygi would dial through line 6 if that was free first before trying 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 (FILO) or 1,2,3,4,5,6 (LIFO)

Maybe in a future release this will be available like the standard telephone systems.

Regards

Kevin

hrant
05-18-2008, 03:35 AM
Some kind of load balancing on FXO ports is in our todo list. Thank you for pointing this out.

lambsons
06-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Any news on load balancing for FX0 ports on your to do list???

I need to load balance for a client, they have 12 GSM GW connecting onto 2 FX0 GW's , need to load balance between all 12 ports. (round robin / circular)

regards,

Shaun

davrays
06-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I would not wait the news too soon, Shaun. This is scheduled to be implemented in 5.1.x versions (the soonest could be the latest versions of 5.0.x - if you really badly need that..). In any case, I would expect this to be done in 3-4 months, taking into account our current load.

Best regards,
David

lambsons
06-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi David, :)

How things going your side - hope you enjoyed your stay here in South Africa?

I think i can wait for 3 -4 months for this feature....knowing that it will be implemented is fine for me - will let my client know.

thanks...

Shaun

lambsons
08-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if the above request is still on track?

regards,

Shaun

davrays
08-15-2008, 04:17 AM
It is still on track, Shaun :) Going to start the development soon.

lambsons
10-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Hi David,

A€ny news on this feature what time frame are we talking here? :confused:

regards,

Shaun

davrays
10-21-2008, 05:05 AM
Shaun, this feature will be included in the 5.1.x versions - not in the beta, but in the main general availability releases. It is in the works now, the development is mainly finished, and the testing remains.

Best regards,
David

lambsons
10-23-2008, 06:59 AM
thanks david,

i'll let my client know, we just need to wait....

Thanks...:)

ontapp
07-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Hello ... has call balancing been implemented into the software for the 2x or 6L?

davrays
08-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Yep, it is included in the 5.1 versions for all products having an ability to connect FXO lines (either onboard lines or lines on attached Quadro FXO GW). For 2x there is not much to balance in the onboard lines, but you can balance the attached FXO GW lines :)