PDA

View Full Version : Silence when Dialing out with pin code

lambsons
04-11-2008, 01:30 AM
I have a 2xi + an external gateway running with 7 extensions & 3 ISDN Lines coming in.
Epygi Running firmware version 4000 and Phones 6.5.10. The problem that i am having is that when ever i activate the pin code on the epygi unit for a specific Ext. The phone will go silent meaning that when you make a call you hear the number dialing and then you don't hear the ringing but somebody answers and you can hear them fine again. I have changed firmware's on both phones and epygi units. but nothing has helped. Any Sugestions?

AramK
04-11-2008, 01:36 AM
Actually this is not connected to Quadro and IP-Phones, but to your ITSP. I assume you're calling out by using some ITSP account here. Probably your ITSP doesn't send SIP "Ringing" message to Quadro, that's why you hear silance during call establishment. Please check this with your ITSP.

lambsons
04-11-2008, 02:15 AM
hi there,

Our calls are not going through a ITSP Provider, they are all going our via the PSTN ISDN lines on the epygi unit, when i have protection enabled on an extension under account settings for that extension, i then dial a PSTN number via my snom 320 phone it asks for the password, i then enter it and when testing the call connects but i hear no ringing tone on the snom phone so i do know that the call has reached its destination all of a sudden the other party picks up the call.

AramK
04-11-2008, 02:36 AM
Do you have the same picture while calling from analoge phone ? Or when calling from the extension with no password protetction enabled ? If yes, then probably your ISDN provider is sending empty ringing to Quadro. Go to ISDN Advanced Settings page and check the "Bearer Establishment Procedure" option. Set it to "On Call Acceptance" and inform me about results.

lambsons
04-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Thank you -the advanced setting change sort it out....

AramK
04-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Some of Quadro services/features should be adjausted to work correctly with your provider/national operator. The default settings on Quadro may not match with your country standards. Fell free to ask more questions in case if there will be other problems.