PDA

View Full Version : Can dial extension but not transfer

mobidutch
03-24-2008, 01:52 PM
I have a SIP line on extension 11 and a PSTN line on extension 13. I can call extension 13 from 11, but I cannot transfer a call from 11 to 13. When I am on a call on extension 11, I press the "Transfer" button on my Cisco phone, which places the current call on hold and gives me a new dialtone. When I then dial extension 13, I get a busy signal. What am I missing?

KSComs
03-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Extension 13 might not have 2 lines allowed...

Regards

Kevin

mobidutch
03-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi Kevin,

Where would I define that? Can't find find that for the life of me...!

KSComs
03-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi mobidutch

2 places to look...

SNOMS have the definition under the Keys... you need atleast 2 LINE Keys assigned or same will happen..check that with the telephone you are using.

The other area to look is under the Telephony--->Line Settings---->IP Line link next to the Extension Number---->Line Appearances

If that is set for 1 your extension can not receive more calls than that before being presented to the voice mail if it is active or busy tone in your case.

Regards

Kevin

mobidutch
03-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Awww MAN. Now I feel like an idiot :o. Line appearance...I totally looked over that assuming it represented the button position of a line on auto-provisioned phones. But anyway, that nailed it. Thanks!!

KSComs
03-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Matey ... its not a problem... with IP telephony it is a new world .. and if you havent had much experience with it... sometimes you can make mistakes...

You have been integrating with Cisco phones, so having to play manual override to get them to work.. or even to customise them to make them happy is no easy feat... even when you use a similar config out of the Epygi.

In any case, at least you asked the question.... you got some answers and in this case I was right... I have been wrong before...

:D

Just remember there is never a DUMB question to ask there are only dumb answers....

Regards

Kevin