PDA

View Full Version : Call Que Log in / out

russell
03-05-2008, 05:08 AM
A feature we find indispensable on our asterisk server at our main office ... is to be able to log in and out extensions from a customer call Que.

I guess the Quadro comparison might be allowing extensions to log in and out of a many ring group or a hunt group. this allows staff to not only decide when they are talking customer calls BUT also to do after hours and call routing when no staff are logged in.

Any chance this might be feature put on the Quadro units ?

AramK
03-05-2008, 05:38 AM
Russel, please describe your request a little bit more and better bring an example :) I have some guesses only regarding your suggested option, but if you are talking about including/excluding extensions to the MER or Hunt group by dialing some service code on the phone, then it is not possible right now - this can be done only from Quadro GUI. Maybe we can achieve the same result with the mix of other features of Quadro.

russell
03-05-2008, 02:50 PM
In a normal Asterisk setup or the commercial versions of asterisk such as Switchvox which is what our main server runs off.

Staff can arrive and dial a code , their phone is then logged ON to a customer call Que (or multiple queues) so they start getting customer calls.

When I say a call que I mean customers call in , they choose an IVR option and are directed to a call que which has member extensions. I guess for Quadro this is the same as a virtual extension with a MER or hunt group and by dialing a code the extension would be become active in their MER or hunt groups.

In Switchvox when you add an extension to a call que you choose if it is

1) a permanent member (always gets calls)
2) a optional member (only gets calls if logged in)

instead of distributing calls blindly , it sends calls only to staff who are actually working and then when all members are logged out you can have a rule to send calls to elsewhere ie. when no extensions are logged in

KSComs
03-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Aram....

What he is describing is being able to allow or not allow calls to ring a MERg telephone by the use of a code.

Ie .. Log in / Log out code function on an extension by extension basis that is part of the MER

Now if we combine that with monitoring MERGs (http://www.epygi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594) Id be very happy : )

:D

Regards

Kevin

russell
03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I could be wrong here but could you not send your customers to a virtual extension , changing the caller ID of that extension to accounts, bookings etc would this not work on a Quadra ?

KSComs
03-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Russell it does work that way but...

You have a user that is part of 2 groups... accounts payable and accounts receivable.

The person needs to take the receivable callers as a priority over the payable callers...

lets say that user is already on a phone call... which is displayed on the telephones screen...

They have received an accounts payable inquiry and there is an accounts receivable caller just ringing into that group...

Your telephone may not necessarily ring due to how SIP telephony works, but you wish to see that an accounts receivable caller has hit the MERg so you want to see what the call is about before you place the call that youre currently engaged in on hold and answer the accounts receivable caller.

The above situation will not show up using the current firmware at all and I am not sure if it will show up with the 6L with Key Phone Emulation either.

What I would like to see is for the Monitoring of a MERg using BLFs on IP Handsets.

You can do it with an Auto Attendant being mapped under a BLF key of SNOM handsets or even AASTRAs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The alternative might be to monitor Virtuals and providing that Epygi were able to configure the telephone behaviour to ring a virtual, there fore you should be able to map to the virtual and because it would never be busy on the phone so to speak, the only time a call would be present would be when it is call routed via that extension...

Aram... is that possible...

MERg with a virtual within it.. and map a blf key from a SNOM/AASTRA handset to the virtual... ?

I will do some testing... but this may be the answer to some of my problems....

Regards

Kevin

KSComs
03-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Oh well, all tested and no banana at the end of it...so if Epygi can make a setting to allow a Virtual extension to ring even if there is nothing connected to it and allow the mapping of the same that would be super.

Regards

Kevin

AramK
03-06-2008, 06:25 AM
In a normal Asterisk setup or the commercial versions of asterisk such as Switchvox which is what our main server runs off.

Staff can arrive and dial a code , their phone is then logged ON to a customer call Que (or multiple queues) so they start getting customer calls.

When I say a call que I mean customers call in , they choose an IVR option and are directed to a call que which has member extensions. I guess for Quadro this is the same as a virtual extension with a MER or hunt group and by dialing a code the extension would be become active in their MER or hunt groups.

In Switchvox when you add an extension to a call que you choose if it is

1) a permanent member (always gets calls)
2) a optional member (only gets calls if logged in)

instead of distributing calls blindly , it sends calls only to staff who are actually working and then when all members are logged out you can have a rule to send calls to elsewhere ie. when no extensions are logged in

You can use Quadro DND feature (*72). If DND is enabled on the phone then it will not take any calls even if it is included into MER or hunt group. Pressing *72 again on the phone you'll disable DND and it will start receiving calls. You need also set the "Expire Timeout" for DND to "Never" on each extension.
When DND will be enabled on all the phones in MER or Hunt Group, you can redirct the calls using Busy/No answer Forwarding.

AramK
03-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Kevin, actually it is possible, but we need to do some changes in our SW.

russell
03-06-2008, 06:38 AM
You can use Quadro DND feature (*72).

Lots of people suggest this BUT then staff who activate DND so they dont get customer calls also get cutoff from all other staff calls and cant work

ie. logging on and off a call Que. (MER or hunt group) allows people to stop customer calls but still be part of the office and receive staff calls or calls transfered direct to them by other staff.

KSComs
03-06-2008, 06:42 AM
You can use Quadro DND feature (*72). If DND is enabled on the phone then it will not take any calls even if it is included into MER or hunt group. Pressing *72 again on the phone you'll disable DND and it will start receiving calls. You need also set the "Expire Timeout" for DND to "Never" on each extension.
When DND will be enabled on all the phones in MER or Hunt Group, you can redirct the calls using Busy/No answer Forwarding.

Hi Aram,

The info you have posted there will also make the telephone extension unavailable for normal internal or even direct incoming calls to.... so that wouldnt be a good thing if they wanted to receive normal calls but didnt want to receive calls from the MERg...

So its an enable disable ringing for the extension that is in the MERg is what Russell and a lot of other people would be after if at all possible.

Regards

Kevin

AramK
03-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Ok, I understood. I'll discuss this with our management/development to see if this can be implemented.

russell
03-06-2008, 03:46 PM
More info:

Normally on our Switchvox (Asterisk) server it works in 2 ways but the most powerful and flexible that allows for better call routing etc is:

1) You dial the Agent Code lets say 420

2) You hear a message "Agent log in, pls enter your extension number"

3) after you enter the extension you want to log in you hear "Please enter extension password"

4) you then hear "Agent logged in"

to log out you dial another code i.e 421 and go the the same as above to log out

The reason this works MUCH better than just dialing a code and the server only logs in/out the actual extension you are dialing from (like say call forwarding) is that with the above method you can choose to log in a virtual extension and create very powerful cal routing by logging in and out virtual extensions, or even real extensions that have call forwarding active etc.

Also means you can dial in and log in an extension for a remote extension on another PABX as long as you know it's extension password.

AramK
03-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Thanks, I find it much flexible than what we have on Quadro now.

russell
05-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Thanks, I find it much flexible than what we have on Quadro now.

Any word if this feature might find it's way into a future release. We find our test Epygi ok , but without allowing home office users to log onto call queues we have to look at other systems like the Asterisk Applicance.

hrant
05-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Epygi is working currently on adding the ACD functionality to Quadro box. The feature is planned for 5.1 firmware release scheduled for Q3, 2008. ACD will provide a graceful solution to above mentioned request and many other features including agent skills' based routing of inbound calls, agent login, barge-in and many others.

russell
05-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Fantastic , can't wait

Thanks

KSComs
05-18-2008, 12:15 AM
WILL UCD be part of the ACD introduction or something that will be planned ?

Any Sales oriented company that I have dealt with, prefers UCD over ACD due to the statistics that it offers.

Will the AGENT log in have a feature KEY that lights to display which MERg the person is currently in?

Will there be monitoring of the MERg so as to know which MERg has been rung and will allow you to identify by sight how to answer the call.

Will remote capability be the same for someone as an agent that is outside of the Lan ie remote Telephone or another Epygi Quadro ?

With ACD - will there be an easy to display call statistics for the MERg that a supervisor can look at?
ie How many calls in an hour, day or week etc in other words a screen so that the Supervisor can log into the MERg extension and ONLY see those statistics for that MERg.

Will there be a Supervisor screen to say who is logged into the MERg ?

Regards

Kevin

BTW - great work with the latest 6L firmware, it allows faxing into and out of the Quadro - Yeeeh !!! The prior version doesnt- it only allows for incoming - or so I have found.

hrant
05-18-2008, 05:25 AM
From formal standpoint what we are developing is more UCD than ACD. We are working currently on back-end features. The user interface feature set that have to run on top of back-end are not finalized yet. Suggestions in that regard are welcomed.