PDA

View Full Version : Quadro 2xi <-> 2xi T.38 faxing not working

darylp
03-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Howdy,
I'm trying to get Quadro 2xi <-> 2xi T.38 fax working.

Below is a fax machine SIP to fax machine SIP call. It answers then immediately goes back to dial-tone again.

"WorkFax" <27@58.96.27.194> "HuntFax" 37
Codec: PCMA, Quality: 1 (excellent)
Close Reason: CM note: "Not Supported"

Note it doesn't recognise its a fax call, (it should have FAX).

Below is an outgoing fax machine call via our ITSP:

"WorkFax" 12 0392701122@sip00.mynetfone.com.au:5060
RX Codec: PCMA,TX Codec: G729a, Quality: 1 (excellent), FAX

Note FAX in the log.

Testing using a Quadro 2xi -> 16x *does* work.
Below is a fax machine SIP to voicemail call:

"WorkFax" <27@58.96.27.194> "PilkoFax" 67
Codec: G729a, Quality: 2 (good)
Close Reason: MG note: FAX close
started VMS, FAX

Once again, note FAX in the log.

Trust this helps.

TECHNICAL APPENDIX:
Firmware:
2xi 4.1.40
16x 4.1.40

AramK
03-03-2008, 01:36 AM
If T38 FAX works between 2xi and 16x devices, then it must work between two 2xis as well. I think the matter is in your Quadros setup/configuration. Please open a TSS ticket with the Quadro logs and our guys will give a solution after investigating them.

By the way, please upgrade your Quadros to the latest 4.1.52 that you can find in our WEB.

darylp
03-03-2008, 11:41 AM
...Please open a TSS ticket with the Quadro logs and our guys will give a solution after investigating them...

How do I open a TSS ticket?

I've looked everywhere on the website & can't find any links.

AramK
03-04-2008, 01:27 AM
The TSS ticket logging procedure is the following. If you are an Epygi Distributor/Reseller, the you can open a TSS ticket from Channel Portal Login in our website. There must be a special link for TSS tickets submitting. If you are an End-User, then you'll not have that link on login, but you can ask you Distributor/Reseller to open a ticket on your behalf. You need to describe the problematic situation and the FAX call path (caller/called numbers).
Quadro logs can be downloaded from "System -> Diagnostics -> Show System Logs -> System Logs Settings" page by pressing "Download all logs" button. "Enable Developer Logging" must be enabled. Just reproduce the problem, then download the system logs and attach to the TSS ticket. Our TSS guys will handle the ticket and will back with answers/suggestions.