PDA

View Full Version : AutoAttendant

etolentino
08-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Firmware installed: 3.1.21

Problem: When login in the PBX admin with *75, option 2 is not available which is supposed to "Modify Auto Attendant Menu Message". Also when option 3 "Modify Universal Extension Messages"is picked, not all options are available.

etolentino
08-19-2006, 01:30 AM
I was able to update the menu by uploading a custom menu wav file. It would be nice to be able to access via *75.

davrays
08-20-2006, 12:45 AM
I will tell you a small secret, etolentino smileys/smiley2.gif-

actually you can record the AA menu message (it is also called "Recurring Attendat Prompt") from the phone. System just don't prompt that (will fix that soon), but if you press "2", you can record that. Just try it :)

What concerns to the Universal Extesion recordings..., which options do you miss? Only "Hold Music" option is missing there, but I don't thisnk it is practical to record hold music from the phone. That is the only reason I didn't put it there.

etolentino
08-20-2006, 01:32 AM
i was so use to following the prompts that i never did try just pushing the button.

with regards to the option 3, at first it was misleading because whenever you chose an option it always was prompted to "review system message, record system message, etc". since it sounds all the same it thought it was looping back to the top. i was expecting like "reviewincoming blockingmessage" when i go into that option or something of that nature.

yeah, i am not sure it is practical for recording the on hold music on the phone, but others might. for those that do not want to put music there, but would rather put informational piece of advertisement, instead, it might be useful.

also is there a way to listen to a voicemail for 31 dialing from another extension like 32. or calling in from outside, and listening to anyone's voicemail remotely. i suspect it would be the same method. if it is in the documentation, i will read it, but i have not found it yet. or if i knew the keyword to search from the PDF, that would be nice as well.

thanks for your reply.

etolentino
08-20-2006, 06:35 AM
found out how to access voicemail remotely. it is misleading as well though. *0 and then it ask to login. when you are suppose to enter the extension.

davrays
08-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We try to make the system maximally intuitive, and your opinion is very important.

In 3.1.x, indeed there is only one way to access the VM box of another extension (by dialing *0 from AA prompt). BTW, you can disable the authorization, so system will not prompt you to login, but will connect to VM box immediately.

In coming versions there will be one more way to access VM of other extension: call to that extension, wait for VM to answer, then press "1" (you will be prompted to enter the password, of course).