PDA

View Full Version : Low voice sound from pstn line

MEDIAPCSYSTEM
12-31-2007, 03:43 AM
I did a Quadro2x install with 4 thomson st2030s, we can hear very well the caller from the pstn line but the voice to the caller is very low.

I don't know how to up the mic volume in thomson st2030s or other tips.

Thank you for reply.

nlucas
01-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi, i had the same problem, and an firmware upgrade on the phones solves that, also try to use the supported ip line configuration for ST2030 (quadro already support) (you must uncheck the "firmware control" option on IPLine configuration) ;)

regards...

MEDIAPCSYSTEM
01-04-2008, 02:57 PM
I did the firmware upgrade with 1.58 vr on thomson st2030s but I didn't uncheck the firmware version control, I will try soon test that and then I hope reply with good news.

Thank you

MEDIAPCSYSTEM
01-15-2008, 04:06 PM
it doesn't work much better. The caller hear us very low and we listen him very well. My quadro2x is in 4.1.40 firmware and thomson st2030s in 1.58.

I don't have more idea. :-(

Thank you for help

mwitmer
01-16-2008, 12:36 AM
I am not an expert, but did you try to reconfigure the gain control.
Regards

MEDIAPCSYSTEM
01-16-2008, 10:17 AM
No I didn't because I don't what value I must choose for transmit or receive gain. All the setting are by default.

mwitmer
01-16-2008, 11:41 PM
As you can hear the caller very well, do not change the configuration on receive values, but try on transmit.

MEDIAPCSYSTEM
01-20-2008, 07:56 AM
thanks for your help again, I tried your tips but I can't have more than 0 value, I can under 0 value but the sound was very poor. But I thought about something and I don't understand why? When you plug an ip phone behind the quadro the sound is ok by pstn and IP line. And when you plug the ip phone behind the routeur the sound is a little more low.

Is it a lan problem as :interference (http://dictionnaire.mediadico.com/traduction/dictionnaire.asp/anglais-francais/interference/2007)? port firewall?

I don't know.

AramK
01-21-2008, 06:11 AM
When you plug an ip phone behind the quadro the sound is ok by pstn and IP line. And when you plug the ip phone behind the routeur the sound is a little more low.

Could you please explain exactly how your phones are configured with Quadro when you are experiencing a sound level problem ? When the phones are placed on Quadro's LAN, there is no problem, as I understand. What is the reason that you are not putting the phones in Quadro's LAN ?

MEDIAPCSYSTEM
01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Because I'm stupid and didn't read correctly the manual :p. No seriously, I found the solution by one of your thread Aramk.

I didn't put the phone behind the quadro because the pstn line in the customer office is far to the network room. So I plugged like that. Anyway I understand now, because I readen many time and many threads in the forum.

But it's very strange that's problem when you plug ip phone forward the quadro.

So now GUYS! Plug all the IP phone behind the quadro!!!;)

Thank you for your support.

AramK
01-23-2008, 06:24 AM
When the IP-Phone is installed forward the Quadro, it must be configured as a Remote Extension of Quadro. In general, there must be no sound problems, if your company network is configured correctly. To understand this problem we need to look at Quadro logs in both cases, when the phone is installed behind and forward the Quadro. Maybe there is a codecs negotiation, network or other problem there. If you are interested to find out the reason of this problem, please open a TSS ticket in our Technical Support section (or, if you are a end-user, ask your Distributor/Reseller to do so). We'll give you an instructions on how to obtain the needed information for investigation and then will provide the answer.
Or, if you are happy with using IP-Phones behind Quadro, enjoy ! :)

MEDIAPCSYSTEM
01-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks again Aramk, I didn't try use ip phone as remote extension. I didn't really think using like that. I'm a small computing and network company, I ever contact my dealer but he don't reply me quickly.
Anyway, I don't know again how to use the quadro log for sending to the technical support.
Could you teach me how to do?

Alex

AramK
01-24-2008, 02:59 AM
Hi Alex,
If the phone was not configured as a Remote Extension of Quadro, then there is no need for investigation :) Just be aware that you can configure IP-Phones in WAN side of Quadro as a Remote extensions, if it is not convenient to place the phones in LAN side due to already established network and wiring of company.
For the future, in case if you'll need to download some logs from Quadro for diagnostic purposes, you can do that from "System -> Diagnostics -> Show System Logs -> System Logs Settings -> Download All Logs". First make sure that the "Enable Developer Logging" option is enabled, then reproduce the situation and download the logs.

MEDIAPCSYSTEM
01-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Ok Ok Aramk I understand better, how to use.

Thank you very much.

MEDIAPCSYSTEM
09-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi guys it's a long time ago I posted about my problem with low sound from caller. The problem was the pstn cable, I change it with a recent french pstn cable and everithing is ok now.

Thanks again for you help

davrays
09-22-2008, 07:04 AM
Thank you very much for information. This is good to know, as we receive sometime similiar problems from different customers. It always worths to check the cabling first, as changing gain parameters on Quadro or on the phone is an undesirable solution (as typically it could have side-effects, such as ech, for example).