PDA

View Full Version : Multiple extension appearance on Polycom

thodgen
01-04-2021, 03:09 AM
I have an installation with a QX200, using Polycom VVX410 phones which have 12 lines on them. Customer has 3 analog phone lines. I would like to have the Reception phone have three appearances of their reception extension, and limit the number of calls per button to one call. Essentially, if three calls come in, I would like them each to land on their own button on that phone to simplify call processing for the receptionist, rather than have them all terminate on the same button on the phone. I'm not seeing an option with templates to add additional appearances of the same extension. Am I missing something obvious, or is there a method for doing this? Or do I have to assign each FXO to a different physical extension number on the phone?

thodgen
01-05-2021, 03:05 AM
I have an installation with a QX200, using Polycom VVX410 phones which have 12 lines on them. Customer has 3 analog phone lines. I would like to have the Reception phone have three appearances of their reception extension, and limit the number of calls per button to one call. Essentially, if three calls come in, I would like them each to land on their own button on that phone to simplify call processing for the receptionist, rather than have them all terminate on the same button on the phone. I'm not seeing an option with templates to add additional appearances of the same extension. Am I missing something obvious, or is there a method for doing this? Or do I have to assign each FXO to a different physical extension number on the phone?

I've answered my own question, I will put it here in case others have the same question. Although with the template I couldn't create multiple line appearances on the phone, I was able to add them with the MPK. With 3 buttons for the same extension appearing on the phone, each call goes to its own line button. I was afraid they would all stack up on one line button and require scrolling on that line button to the different calls - which is a real pain. Pretty simple and straight forward solution.