PDA

View Full Version : Quadro 2X generating excessive traffic

coffeeroaster
10-18-2007, 06:39 AM
We have two sites successfully operating, each with a Quadro 2X and Snom phones. At a third site, we recently installed a second hand Quadro 2X with Aastra 9133i phones and all seems to be working fine; however, the modem "Ethernet" & "Internet" lights are flashing continuously and our ASP usage reports show almost a gigabyte of download quota being used spread evenly over each day (even when the only computer attached is shutdown over the weekend). Might we have a hacker or is it possible that some parameter is incorrectly set that would cause the 2X to generate unnecessary traffic? Our firewall is set to Medium. The config is as follows:

AramK
10-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi, it's hard to say the exact reason of such a big traffic. We can suggest to do a network capturein your network for 1 hourand see, from what IPs are the traffic is created.

Also one suspection, but I am not sure, that this can be a real problem. Check you STUN settings on Quadro from "Telephony -> NAT Traversal Settings -> STUN Parameters". If you use STUN, then configure it according to your network, if you don't use STUN/NAT, then just disable it.

AramK
10-18-2007, 02:31 PM
I see that your Quadro2x firmware is old. Please upgrade all the units to the last 4.1.33, that is available in our WEB, under download section.