PDA

View Full Version : Distinctive Ringing

rrose1988
03-28-2018, 04:55 PM
Have a customer with Grandstream 2130 phones. Can I use the different ring tones offered on the phone set or do I have to use the Epygi QX50 distinctive ring tones - spring, summer, winter, autumn?
Also, can you download ringtones on the QX50.

Tigran_Gagiyan
03-30-2018, 03:27 AM
Hi,

"Distinctive Ringing" allows to assign different ringing patterns to individual callers.
Also you can use different ringtones offered by "ip phones".
You can't download or upload ringtones on Epygi QX.

Thanks,
Tigran

rrose1988
03-30-2018, 08:59 AM
Customer chooses a ringtone from the 2130 and saves it, but when the phones rings it is still the default ringtone. Is there some other programming from the QX50 to allow this?

KSComs
07-16-2019, 11:25 PM
Customer chooses a ringtone from the 2130 and saves it, but when the phones rings it is still the default ringtone. Is there some other programming from the QX50 to allow this?

You need to flag it on the incoming call to the handset so the handset's choice of ring tone is honoured. eg you have a phonebook --> contacts with the number added to it, you can add a picture, the numbers they will call from and choose between 3 custom ring tones as needed.

dmontgomery741
07-23-2020, 10:45 AM
We have Yealink T46S phones, we have found when we setup custom wallpapers or rings directly on the phone. The settings eventually get wiped out, I'm assuming Epygi sends an updated configuration to the phone eventually and it wipes out our customizations.

Anyone seen similar, or have thoughts how to prevent?