PDA

View Full Version : Quadro6L missing?

pjetson
02-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm considering the purchase of a Quadro6L, but I looked at the epygi web site again just now and it's like the 6L never existed! I'm sure it was there yesterday.

Is this a temporary glitch, or has the 6L been discontinued?

Peter

Ashot
02-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Hi Peter,

Quadro6L is still on the web, so maybe it was a temporary glitch

Ashot

pjetson
02-13-2012, 07:42 PM
I still can't see it at http://www.epygi.com/quadro-ip-pbx/69/ - where are you seeing it?

Peter

armen
02-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Hi Peter,
Quadro6L is discontinued and replaced by Quadro4L. That is the reason you can't find it at http://www.epygi.com/quadro-ip-pbx/69/. If you were going to buy 6L, please look closer to Quadro4L.
Also, you can use our configuration tool at http://www.epygi.com/product-configurator/248/ to make a right choice based on your suggested criteria.

pjetson
02-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Quadro6L is discontinued

Well, I guess that takes it off my list!

The 6L had 6 FXO ports, but the 4L has only 4 ports, which takes the 4L off my list too.

It appears that the M8L is now the only possibility in the Quadro range, but it is a huge step up in both price and capabilities, when the only feature I'd need over the 4L is an extra FXO port.

Peter

hrant
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM
If you really need Quadro6L then place the order immediately. Even though it is discontinued and replaced by 4L, a few units still can be found in the stock.

pjetson
02-15-2012, 05:30 PM
If you really need Quadro6L then place the order immediately. Even though it is discontinued and replaced by 4L, a few units still can be found in the stock.

Thanks, but I don't think I should be recommending the purchase of a discontinued product.

Peter

davrays
02-18-2012, 04:59 AM
You could consider buying 2x + 6FXO gateway. This will give you 7 fxo ports to use, and price-wise that makes something around the 6L price (well, a bit higher, but anyway considerably more affordable than M8L).

David

KSComs
02-20-2012, 03:45 AM
You could consider buying 2x + 6FXO gateway. This will give you 7 fxo ports to use, and price-wise that makes something around the 6L price (well, a bit higher, but anyway considerably more affordable than M8L).

David

Hmmmmm

I think David is in sales ! Look out Hrant he is after Your position ;)

K

davrays
02-20-2012, 12:43 PM
If I were in sales, I would have suggested the most expensive option, Kevin :D

Still in development,
David

KSComs
02-26-2012, 12:46 AM
I thought you were starting out small then progress to the larger systems.

;)

Kev

Buzz427@shaw.ca
03-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Just wondering why they would discontinue something that is superior to their new predecessor? Seems as if in the step in the wrong direction! I own a 6l and for the mostpart works great (using it in KSE mode) and not to mention the release notes state that that KSE mode doesnt even work with the 4l

davrays
03-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Well, I would not agree to the statement that 6L is superior to 4L. The truth is - in each specific case (specific installation) the requirements of the customer define which product is superior for this installation, and which one is inferior.

6L is a great product, but actually in the most cases (most installations) the 4L is more suitable ("superior" - in your terms) than 6L. The only case when 6L is better is the installation where customer needs exactly 5 or 6 FXO ports. From the other side, 4L is equal or superior in all other cases, especially when customer needs FXS ports. Note also the increased processing power and number of extensions on 4L.

What refers to the KSE mode on 4L... It is being added right now, and will be available very soon. I am not a big fan of KSE mode (better to say - I personally would remove that option at all), but as some customers want it, it is management decision to keep that on 4L.

David