PDA

View Full Version : Registering problems to the VoIP Carrier

cella
03-11-2007, 11:51 PM
I have a Quadro 4X linked to a VoIP Carrier called GVT. From time to time the Quadro looses it SIP register to GVT and fail to reregister due to some differente causes (Timeout occured, Server too busy, Destination unreachable). I suposed this is not a Quadro fault but some problem with the GVT SIP server. Anyway, I´d like to understand how the register process works onQuadro, I mean, Quadro has a Virtual Extension used to register on GVT. I can not see in the virtual extension parameters any place to seta period to renew the SIP registering to the carrier. Is there such parameter in Quadro ? How often Quadro tries reregistering after looses the register ? Is there something I can do on Quadro in order to avoid this constant lost of registering before callthe operator and complain about their service ?

Thanks,

Cela

Hati_
03-12-2007, 08:41 AM
There is a section with SIP timer under "SIP Settings" you can play with. I get this issue from time to time (entirely random basis) so keep us posted how did you go.

awhite
04-27-2007, 03:02 PM
The registration timeout parameter is in Telephony/SIP Settings. This is a common parameter that is used for all extns. The default registration timeout is 3600 secs (1 hour). This means that once an extn. registers it will try to register again after an hour. However, the SIP server such as GVT, can specify in the registration confirmation message how soon the extn. should try and register again. Some providers will actually have an extremely short registration timeout to try and keep router ports opened for SIP messaging traffic.