PDA

View Full Version : Multi Trunk call forwarding Quadro ISDN

mcamargo
10-15-2010, 08:54 AM
I know is possible to make advanced rules for routing calls in the Quadro ISDN.

But I'm wondering if for example I make a rule "all the calls that go to numbers starting by 5" go trough the Trunks number 3 or numeber 4

I know how to do this for all the trunks or for just 1 trunk but not for multiple trunks less than the four at once.

It is even possible?

Regards

hrant
10-18-2010, 02:12 AM
If you have just one rule for 5* numbers then you can either select "any" trunk or just one trunk. If you want, for example, to send the calls to 5* via trunk 3 or 4 then you have to build two rules with the same destination number pattern - 5*. The first rule should send the call via trunk 3 and have "failover reason" set to "any". The second rule should send the calls to 5* via trunk 4 and have "failover reason" disabled. Having configured that, the Quadro will try to rout any call to 5* destinaiton number via trunk 3. If the call fails by some reason (for example, trunk is busy) then Quadro will try to send the call via trunk 4 - all seamlessly for the calling party.

mcamargo
10-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Awesome, I was wondering if failover would do the trick! Thanks!

mcamargo
10-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Other case: If I need to balance the voice traffic through 4 channels (2 RDSI) for example in the case i have a limit of minutes for each channel. If I focus all in 1 and 2 channels, then I will surpass the credit limit for those 2 channels while the other 2 will be pretty Idle

Maybe the idea is, configuring in both 5* pattern the failover to "any", but I'm not sure the method that quadro uses to select patter 5* in case of two matches.

But I believe this is not possible since I've been looking the Best Matching Algorith in the Quadro docs, and the 10th Criterion says: The higher the position of a pattern in the routing table is, the higher its priority.

Then looks pretty impossible to make a circular or round-robin system to balance channels.