PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Message - PCMU format

ciasulamericana
02-05-2007, 09:59 PM
I need to know what are "PCMU wave format", I don't know which type format are this, please help me!!!

All files I tri upload in Attendant Scenario I receive this messagem "Error: Invalid audio file, or format is not supported"

Thank's for help!!

Liana
02-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi ciasulamericana,

Alternative names for PCMU wave format are CCITT(used in Windows Sound Recorded), A/mu Law Wave (used in Cool Edit Pro or Adobe Audition). The naming conventions vary depending on the recording tool. What tool are you using?

The wrong values for the format attributes may also be a reason of getting an 'Invalid audio file' error. Ensure that you set the following attribute values for the format:
Sample Rate - 8000
Resolution - 16 bit
Channels - Mono

ciasulamericana
03-08-2007, 02:46 AM
I recorded a wave audio file with these attributes in Audacity and again I receive the same message. If you could send one example by email for I verify this file and my Quadro, I really apreciate that.

Thank you....again!!!!

alloy
05-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Typically G711, 8Kh, 8bit,
Mono - .wav

phinet01
02-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi,
I recorded an audio file with this attribute :
Audio format:PCM 8.000Khz, 16 bit, Mono

but I still get the same "Invalid audio file or File not supported" error message, what else can be done pls to resolve this problem?

regards

AramK
02-18-2008, 12:50 PM
PCM is not a correct format for Quadro system messages. If you are using Windows standard Sound Recorder, then the correct format is CCITT A/mu Law Wave (as it is written in Liana's comment). Other atributes of file are:

8Khz, 8bit, mono, *.wav.

Zarf!
02-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi I can't verifiy this as my sound card is not working in my linux computer at the moment :( My settings I believe to be as follows...

In Audacity preferences.

Under Quality set the Sample Rate to 8000 and the sample format to 16bit

Then under.

File Formats....... look for uncompressed file format pull the drop down list down and you should see a option called OTHER select that, A pop up window will appear Then select WAV (Microsoft) , and the encoding to U-Law.

You should be good to go at that point. :eek:

Make sure your file is MONO, down mix it if you have to. :rolleyes:

Good Luck.

I recorded a wave audio file with these attributes in Audacity and again I receive the same message. If you could send one example by email for I verify this file and my Quadro, I really apreciate that.

Thank you....again!!!!

AramK
02-21-2008, 03:32 AM
Here is the sample of *.wav file supported by Quadro. Just unzip it before uploading to Quadro.