PDA

View Full Version : Problem with call disconnection

Markisha
01-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Hi all,

I have quadroISDN firmware 5.1.14. My system is consisted of 3CX voip PBX, and I use the quadro as ISDN gateway. I succesfuly installed and configured the system and the only thing that is bugging me is when i call somebody IP phone--->3CX--->ISDN (Quadro)--->ISDN lines, from my IP phone, and before that person answer, I hang the IP phone, the line is still open and ringing...

I really hope you can understand me :)

davrays
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Well, you write pretty understandable :)

How long it rings after that? A pair of seconds or for a minute or so?

artur_s
02-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Could you please clarify? The ring tone comes from ISDN line or from Quadro?
In general there might be a lot of reasons of the problem so systemlogs from Quadro will help us to find out the problem.

Markisha
02-07-2010, 02:32 AM
It rings for about 1 min and then it hangs. I am not sure who is giving the dial tone. When i hang up the IP-phone the persons phone that I am calling is still ringing.

davrays
02-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Ok, it seems we need to look at the ISDN logs on the gateway. Can you please enable the developer logging on QuadroISDN, then mark the logs, make the call, hangup, wait 1 minute until the ISDN side stops ringing, then mark the logs again, and copy here the "ISDN L2" and "ISDN L3" logs between those two mark signs?

Markisha
03-18-2010, 03:56 AM
i manage to get this to work, went to the disconnect tone hidden page and after a bit of tinkering got it to work...tnx for the answers :)

texaidbg
03-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi Markisha,

I have exactly the same problem with 3CX(8.0.10116)/QuadroISDN(5.1.14)-combination as you had. Could you please tell me which settings you changed on which hidden page? I looked through the PDF that lists the hidden pages, but couldn't find a page that seems to be the right one (fxocfg.cgi, which deals with dial tones, is not available - which to me makes sense, because QuadroISDN has no FXO port).

(By the way: the "hidden pages" concept looks a bit strange to me - especially after having read that there are pages that are even not listed in the PDF... just my 2 cents.)

What I don't understand is how this problem should be related to tone settings!? At least in my case, as soon as the call (initiated in bypass mode) is canceled (when I hang up on my IP phone during external call signaling), only QuadroISDN keeps on signaling on the external ISDN line, all other internal connections are released correctly. And between IP phone and 3CX or between IP phone and QuadroISDN I cannot imagine where tone signaling should come into account, because they all talk SIP to each other.

My guess is that QuadroISDN either doesn't realize that the call was canceled by the calling IP phone or it doesn't handle the cancel message properly. And therefore ISDN logs may not help, too, because I expect the problem not to be on the ISDN side, but on the internal SIP side of the communication processes - or inside of QuadroISDN.

Thanks,
Heiko

davrays
03-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Heiko

I hope Markisha will answer and shed some light on this issue, but here are my two cents: I might be that the problem is on the SIP side, but ... SIP communications in Quadro are tested agains hundreds of vendors + the fact that SIP standard is actually better "standartized" than ISDN, so I would more expect the problem to be on the ISDN negotiations.
I suppose that the Quadro understand the SIP CANCEL message correctly, and tries to close the call on the ISDN, but due to some incompability it fails to do so with ISDN carrier. Thats why I asked for the ISDN logs. This is just an assumption. You can try to resolve this issue with the help of Markisha.. If not - my post above with the request of the logs is still valid - so you can post the logs, if you want to.

Best regards,
David