PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm wrong ... when using Failover Reason

Amper
10-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Hello,

First, Thanks for reading this question I have (and sorry for my english that is not good :-( )

I have a Quadro ISDN with 4 lines ISDN, two for ISDN lines and another two for GSM gateways (trunk 1 and 2).

OK, I create two rules in call routing's table to make calls using trunk 1 and trunk 2, and I put in Failover Reason the value "Cannot Establish Connection", because only I want to make calls to another trunk if this trunk have two calls in this moment.

Well, if i make one outbound call using trunk 1 and the external GSM phone is busy, the Quadro not make a hangup. The gateway see other rule and make other call using the trunk 2.

In other words, I was hoping that the first call was ending with the signal of busy.
I understood that this was for when calls could not be done (for example, when the two timeslots of the trunk are occupied).

I don't need this second call. What is wrong?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Best Regards.
Rafa

davrays
10-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Rafa, for the ISDN (as well as for FXO) the "Cannot Establish Connection" is practically the same as "Any".
But I don't really understand what you want to achieve... Why you don't want the second call? I suppose you would want the call to be done using any of those two gateways..?

The typical setup here would be: try to call via the GSM GW 1 or 2, and if not try to call via the rest ISDN lines. Is it what you want or you need something different?

Best regards,
David

Amper
10-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Yes,

the setup is like have exposed. We can use the two ISDN trunks: But!, only if the first trunk can not make the call, because they have their two timeslots busy.

For example,

First Call(1) >> Quadro >> Trunk 1 >> External Phone Answer ... Call Established

Second Call(2) >> Quadro >> Trunk 1 >> External Phone Answer ... Call Established

Third Call(3) >> Quadro >> ...
Because Trunk 1 have two calls, and we have two rules in Quadro's Call Routing for manage this case, the call is routing to
... Trunk 2 >> External Phone Answer ... Call Established.

Well, Now, we have this setup:
First Call(1) >> Quadro >> Trunk 1 >> External Phone Answer ... Call Established

Second Call(2) >> Quadro >> Trunk 1 >> External Phone NO Answer, for example it is Busy ... The ISDN system send to Quadro a signal, but the call is not established.

It's in this moment when the Quadro make other call using the Trunk 2.

And, we don't need this second try.

It is possible to take a control over this event?
(We were thinking that it was the parameter "Cannot Establish Connection")

Sorry for my bad explanation.

Thanks in advance.
Rafa

davrays
10-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Ok, now I completely undrestand your concern...

Currently there is no chance to avoid this secxond try on the Quadro. The "Number Busy" is always considered as a "failure" and system failover to the next routing rule. I agree this is wrong and has to be fixed. We will consider doing this soon.

Thanks,
David