PDA

View Full Version : Linksys SPA 9xx phones

support.ephonenet
11-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Do you plan to support theses phones?

regards,

warren
12-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Currently we do not have nay plans to re-certify the Linksys phones. At present we fully support Aastra and Snom. Recently added to the list is Grandstream and Camrivox. The next manufacturer we will begin to refocus on is Polycom. We have basic support for older models today, but we plan to begin the certification of the new SoundPoint models (IP 330, IP550, and IP650). I do not have a completion date yet. I will update the post once I have a firm date.

Amper
03-11-2008, 05:48 AM
And what about Thomson ST2030?

Thanks and Best Regards

AramK
03-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Thomson ST2030 phones are in Epygi Tested Phone's list and we support Autoprovisioning for that phones. If you'll go to "Telephony -> Line Settings -> IP Line Settings" page, then you can choose that model from the drop-down list of Epygi supported/tested IP-Phones. You can find more documents about Thomson phones' configuration and usage with Quadro in our WEB, in the "Channel Portal Login -> Support Documents -> System Configuration" section.

Zarf!
03-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I really think it would be nice to Linksys provisioning in there as well, I find the stock Linksys phone and entering Username and password seems to do the trick for me, but it would be nice to have the epygi do it. Since all the config files are somewhat simalar may not be too much of a strech to modify the old 841 Configuration.

Z!

AramK
03-19-2008, 02:12 AM
It would be perfect to support all the IP-Phones in the world :) At present our main focus is on Polycom phones, as Worren Sonnen have mentioned. Maybe the next phones will be Linksys, don't know. We need to examine that phones and their config structure before deciding something. There are definitely some differences between different models of Linksys phones, as there are not only IP-Phones, but also phone adaptors, that we might support as well.

dmaunder
04-12-2008, 08:47 PM
I understand the problem with supporting so many phones, but since you already support one linksys/sipure phone, there would be very little work in supporting the others, as the deployment process is completely identical, except for the default filename they look for that has the model number in it eg spa962.cfg etc

Supporting the spa962 would be fantastic, this is a great phone with the Quadro. I would really like to know it is at least on the roadmap.

AramK
04-14-2008, 02:09 AM
Please turn to Warren Sonnen directly, maybe he has some update regarding Linksys phones. You can find his contact detalis above in this thread.

dmaunder
04-17-2008, 05:23 AM
These phones are actually quite easy to make work. you just setup them up in the Quadro as Sipura841 and enter the MAC address as normal.

Then you then need to go to the Provisioning tab on the phone and set the Profile Rule to /spa841.cfg and then reboot the phone, that is it. The phone will then be auto-provisioned from the Quadro. This will work for any linksys model.

FYI For Epygi to support them out of the box, they just need to return the same config file if the required file name is spa???.cfg. this would then work for spa801, spa822, spa842 and spa862.

AramK
04-17-2008, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the provided workaround. Hopefully this will not harm the phones autoprovisioned by Quadro.

FYI For Epygi to support them out of the box, they just need to return the same config file if the required file name is spa???.cfg. this would then work for spa801, spa822, spa842 and spa862.

I think it's not so easy. To declare a phone as a Epygi Supported or Tested phone, we must have them in our lab to check whatever they conform to our rules for IP-Phones support and how they go with the Quadro features. Yes, in the way suggested by you we can easly add an autoprovisioning for them, but it doesn't mean that thay will support Quadro Feature Codes. I don't know the differences of spa801, spa822, spa842 and spa862 phones, but I'm sure there are some differences between these models, so we need to perform some testing with them in our lab before declaring them compatible and recommend with Quadro.

dmaunder
04-17-2008, 05:46 AM
As nothing has been changed on the Quadro, I think it very unlikely that it will affect anything else. It is just making the other linksys models pretend to be an 841, so they receive the 841 config file, which is the same for any Linksys/Sipura phone.

I understand that you need to test them and that they might vary, although from reading the manuals pretty thoroughly, all Linksys phones are configured in exactly the same way, and with the same settings. I looked at the file that the Quadro auto-provisions for the supported spa841, and it doesnt configure voicemail to *0 (blank by default), nor configure the proper DND-On and DND-Off codes, nor other things like the DST rules etc. The auto-provisioning is not complete by any means, but it is a good starting point, and does mean that any linksys phones will work (almost) out of the box, and can be tweaked from there.

AramK
04-17-2008, 05:52 AM
spa841 is in our Tested phones list, so we don't configure much options on it. Also we recommend to use Quadro features insted of phone features, that's why we do not chnage the phone's DND codes - you need to use Quadro DND instead. You can use the phone's features only at your own risk and we do not guarantee the correct functionality of that services. I wonder if there is some differences between Linksys phone models, such as dialplan or other options, that can affect phone functionality and preven the using of Quadro features on them.

davrays
09-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Update: in the newcoming (most probably next week) 5.0.16 release the autoconfiguration of Linksys SPA941, SPA942, SPA921, SPA922 models is supported.
So from now those phones are included into the "Tested phones" list.