PDA

View Full Version : Caller ID

Mike_eNET
09-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Any incoming calls are getting this kind of caller ID:

<sip:021xxxxxx@(ip address of PABX)> or <sip:021xxxxxx@(ip address of ISDN Gateway>

As opposed to just the number, We are not using SIP to recieve calls, all calls are coming in via ISDN (4 lines on the Gateway, 3 on the 16xi)

This becomes an issue when trying to dial a missed or recived call from the phone's history.

Any ideas on how to remove the other info in the caller ID so that it just shows the number?

The GW is running its ISDN Lines as a slave to my PABX.

Currently:

1 x Quadro 16xi PABX fw 5.1.18
1 x QuadroISDN Gateway fw: 5.1.22
Snom 300 IP Phones.

Mike_eNET
09-25-2009, 05:22 AM
no comments?

KSComs
09-25-2009, 05:30 AM
What brand of phones ?

Kevin

Mike_eNET
09-29-2009, 09:44 AM
The brand is Snom, the majority of models we use are the Snom 300, but we have a 360 for the receptionist. we have 2x Snom 820 around.

there is one FXO phone, which is seldom used.

KSComs
09-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Try setting Name and Number on the handset - perhaps under line settings manage templates and create a template tuned for the SNOMs.

Just be mindful to turn off Dialog-Info Call Pickup, adjust the naming convention to name and number etc....

Kev

Mike_eNET
10-02-2009, 06:12 AM
it seems that any the routing on my Gateway (which is in slave mode) is not able to route calls out on the ISDN lines.

All the routing should be controlled by the PABX, in other words outbound calls should hit the PABX 1st.

The problem that im seeing is this "07********@172.30.0.149"

172.30.0.149 is the IP address of the ISDN Gateway, so when a user tries to call back a recieved / missed call it tries to connect directly the the ISDNGateway.

Is there any way to remove this IP address from the incoming call? (keeping in mind that the ISDNGateway is running in slave mode)

KSComs
10-03-2009, 06:17 PM
You would have to remove it via filtering it from the CLI in call routing....

Speak to Alloy on how to.

Kev

Mike_eNET
10-06-2009, 03:07 AM
Hi KsComs,

I have tried that, but cant seem to get it right. Who is Alloy? do you have contact details?

We are based in south Africa

KSComs
10-06-2009, 06:11 AM
Nevermind ... i mistook you for people in Australia... you would need to go back to your distributor / reseller / Epygi to get guidance from them...

Kev

Mike_eNET
10-07-2009, 02:42 AM
Nevermind ... i mistook you for people in Australia... you would need to go back to your distributor / reseller / Epygi to get guidance from them...

Kev

Ah, apologies, I thought this was a form of Epygi support.

davrays
10-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Well, Mike, I don't think you really need to strip IP from the caller id to solve your problem. If I understand right, the problem is with callback ony - you want phones not to callback directly to the xxxxxx@<gateway ip>, but to xxxxxx, so that number will pass through Call Routing Table..

For that you can use the "*@<gateway ip>"-like rule in Call Routing table.
Add a rule (one or more) with pattern=*@<gateway ip>, with the other datails you need.

I.e. if you have a rule 021*, calltype=ISDN, etc, add another rule like 021*@172.30.0.149, calltype=ISDN, etc.

Best regards,
David

P.S. If this doesn't help, I would need the SIP and Call manager logs from Quadro, containing one such callback attempt, and SIP trace log from the Snom for the same call.

bundabrg
02-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've have the exact same problem with callback on phones trying to route using the ISDN IP.

The suggested solution does not work as you can't route to ISDN if the rule contains a '@'.

---

Relevant XKCD: http://xkcd.com/979/