PDA

View Full Version : Unprotected autocreated route on QuadroISDN?

lunacom
07-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Hi all,

i have a ISDN Gateway providing his ports to a 4xi.
On QuadroISDN Call Routing Table i will see this autocreated route (i can't edit it); i suppose this route is for routing 4xi calls to isdn:

ID
State Enabled
Pattern *
Pattern Modification
Call Settings ISDN trunk: Any Port(User)
Failover Reason(s) None
Local Authentication No
Inbound Pattern/Caller ID Modification *
Inbound Settings SIP
DT
UES / URP
Metric 10
Description

I expected to see in "Inbound Setting" ip address of 4xi, like in routes for emercengy calls, because if someone can reach QuadroISDN, can use this route to make calls trough ISDN without any control.
Is that right? If yes, there's a way to protect it?

Regards, Lunacom.

KSComs
07-06-2009, 05:36 AM
Hi all,

i have a ISDN Gateway providing his ports to a 4xi.
On QuadroISDN Call Routing Table i will see this autocreated route (i can't edit it); i suppose this route is for routing 4xi calls to isdn:

ID
State Enabled
Pattern *
Pattern Modification
Call Settings ISDN trunk: Any Port(User)
Failover Reason(s) None
Local Authentication No
Inbound Pattern/Caller ID Modification *
Inbound Settings SIP
DT
UES / URP
Metric 10
Description

I expected to see in "Inbound Setting" ip address of 4xi, like in routes for emercengy calls, because if someone can reach QuadroISDN, can use this route to make calls trough ISDN without any control.
Is that right? If yes, there's a way to protect it?

Regards, Lunacom.

The routes are controlled by the Epygi Quadro 4xi which is the Master to the ISDN Gateway the Slave.

Kevin

lunacom
07-06-2009, 05:53 AM
The routes are controlled by the Epygi Quadro 4xi which is the Master to the ISDN Gateway the Slave.

Kevin

Ok, CRT on GW is blocked.
But the route i have specified seem to be unprotected.
It's true?

Regards, Lunacom.

KSComs
07-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Inbound Settings SIP

If you are referring to the above, it might be possible to connect via sip injection through your routing....

Inbound Settings PBX = good

Make sure that your extensions passwords are 12 characters or more if you havent auto deployed...

Kevin

davrays
07-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Lunacom, the route on the ISDN GW is created based on the route you have on master Q4x. Yoou need to check which route you have on the 4x. If that is unprotected, you will have the route on QuadroISDN unprotected too...

So as soon as you protect the route on the 4x, the GW route should be modified itself.

Best regards,
David

lunacom
07-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Lunacom, the route on the ISDN GW is created based on the route you have on master Q4x. Yoou need to check which route you have on the 4x. If that is unprotected, you will have the route on QuadroISDN unprotected too...

So as soon as you protect the route on the 4x, the GW route should be modified itself.

Best regards,
David

Hi David,

Can you help me understand better this situation?

i have made a test with a 4x and a gateway with default config.
When i share the gateway lines i have a similar situation,two routes are autocreated (entry 5, 6):

Enabled
ISDN trunk: Any Port(User)
None
No
SIP
Keep Original Caller ID:No
Check with 3PCC: Disabled
(no description)

Enabled
9?*
NDS: 1
ISDN trunk: Any Port(User)
None
No
SIP 172.30.0.1
Keep Original Caller ID:No
Check with 3PCC: Disabled
For Routing calls From Master Device to PSTN

I can associate entry 6 with a route on 4x, but not for entry 5.
On 4x i have only default routes (emercengy, extension, epygi server)

Regards, Lunacom.

davrays
08-03-2009, 01:14 PM
You are right, Lunacom, this route is unrelated to 4x, and is unprotected. I'll need to check this as soon as I find a QISDN GW unit...

lunacom
08-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Thanks.

davrays
08-06-2009, 09:31 AM
There is no such rule in the default configuration... So could be created manually by you (before you configured the ISDN GW device in the autoconfiguration mode). Are you sure you didn't create that before?

Alternatively, it could be created by older versions of ISDN GW firmware...

Can you try to unregister the GW (so it will return in a standalone mode), and delete all rules, then register that GW again? (please make sure you don't touch the configuration on 4x, not to lose isdn gw routing rules - make changes only on ISDN GW (unregister/deleete the rule/register back). I think this rule will not be cretated again...

lunacom
08-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi David,

i have tested with your suggestion, but issue still remain...

I have tested with firmware 5.0.17 on 4x and 5.0.11 on ISDNGW:
- Try to unregister ISDN GW, no ruotes are present in ISDNGW CRT.
- Try to reregister without modification on 4x (default config.), the unprotected route appear on GW.
Then:
- Try to unregister GW.
- Delete all routes on 4x and reregister GW, route appear again.

So i have upgraded firmware on both devices (5.1.18 on 4x, 5.1.14 on ISDNGW). Still the same.

Can you give me other infos on your test configuration?

Regards.