PDA

View Full Version : Call Forwarding

Telecom Dave
06-30-2009, 03:22 AM
Looking for info on call forwarding on an ISDN 2e Digital circuit. The forwarding works well through the Quadro 16LI apart from the forwarded number is not presented. I belive that if I request for this service to be controled by the B.T. exchange this option will give me the infomation. The issue is that I can not get the Quadro 16li to talk to the B.T. Exchange. Anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this problem?

artur_s
07-02-2009, 05:29 AM
Hello,

If you want to make call forwarding through Quadro you will lost the original caller ID.
It is because PSTN provided some DID/MSN numbers and from Quadro it is impossible to make call to PSTN from any number not from DID/MSN range.
So I may understood the first part of your post.
Yes, you may request for this service to be controlled by BT by dialing service codes *21*....
from Quadro.
I suppose when you trying to activate this service (by dialing *21*...) the call was disconnecting from PSTN side with Cause code "Cause -> Invalid information element contents".
This usually indicates that the ISDN number being dialed is in a format that is not understood by the equipment processing the call.

It will be fine to get the reason of call disconnection from PSTN side.

or I may suggest:
- change Called/Calling Party type of number from ISDN settings and test again which is not likely
- activate this service in overlap mode.

Artur