PDA

View Full Version : It's possible to have PSTN Line Sharing when: Q.FXO <-- Internet --> Q.2x

Amper
05-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi,

It's possible to use the Line-PSTN-sharing feature, when the Quadro FXO is in other site, out of my office and behind a router in both sites (my office and external site).

Or in this case, only I must use the SIP protocol features. I can't to have control of external PSTN Lines from my office's PBX.

Thanks in advance for your help.

davrays
05-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Theoretically that is possible. But it could be pretty complicated to bypass both routers correctly, so I would suggest you to configure that two devices manually, without using "Automatic PSTN Line Sharing" feature (the one at "Telephony->"External PSTN Gateways").

You would need to create static UDP mappings on both your routers on SIP and RTP ports (to run the Quadros as a service behind those routers). After that you will need to configure the Call Routing Table on both devices to route calls between them...
This could be done step-by-step - first configure first riuter, make sure you can call from/to external IP phone in public network to/from your Quadro2x; then do the same with QuadroFXO, then connect them together. This will require you to have some advanced networking knowledge.
We can help you with any specific questions here...

Best regards,
David

Amper
05-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks David,

At the moment we will try without the use of "Line Sharing".

I did a few tests, but we have problems with the NAT.

It's possible to register the account between the two equipments. But, from the Quadro 2x it's not possible to have a control about the external lines in the gateway FXO.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Rafa

davrays
05-15-2009, 03:34 PM
What kind of control do you need on external lines of FXO GW..? Which feature you are missing exactly - the call stats, or the ability to route a call through specific port or something else?

Best regards,
David

P.S. Garry is passing his greetings to you, Rafa :)

KSComs
05-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Out of interest can you set up a VPN between the 2 sites and span the WAN with a shared FXO connection?

The spanned wan would be from the Wan port of the FXO to the Lan side of the Quadro ... would that work for them correctly David ?

Regards

Kevin

Amper
05-18-2009, 05:22 AM
Seems a good option, to use VPN.

We are going to see, if it is possible, and that such behaves the connection between this another country and Spain:-D

David, thanks to the connection between systems Quadro, it is very easy to connect a Quadro with the gateway FXO, and to control the lines with the functionality " PSTN Shared Line ". We have used it, in networks in which the port LAN of the Quadro is connected to the port WAN of the Gateway FXO.

When we have connected the Quadro FXO in other remote site, I observe that it is possible to register both equipments, but, at the moment of managing the ports FXO, it is not possible to do it.

Possibly, because the ports they are not assigned correctly.

The curious thing is that it registers and is possible to make a call routing's rule of type FXO in a Quadri 2xi (ISDN) ... But, for the present time the calls do not work between both either site (surely for the management of ports).

Thanks, Kevin and David.

Best Regards
Rafa

P.S. Greetings to Garry and the team in Armenia .... and sorry for my english :-D

KSComs
05-18-2009, 06:48 AM
Hola from Australia

I have a customer that uses the resources of remote M32x over the VPN, principle is the same...

Regards

Kevin

davrays
05-21-2009, 01:25 PM
The VPN option should work. The same way, the connecting QuadroFXO from WAN side (while using the "PSTN Line Sharing" feature) could work too, but those two scenarios are not well tested, as they are not recommended. The PSTN line sharing mechanism needs good and stable connection between those two units (FXO and PBX), thats why connection via Internet is not a good option, so we don't recommend that and don't spend much resourses on testing that...

Best regards,
David

P.S. We will try to test this scenario at some point to see if there are hidden flaws there..